• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Battery issue

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

You have come to the right place. I have repaired/refurbished more of these than I care to count.
Have you done the remove battery from device manager/ Hod power button down drill yet? I used to poo-poo it but it worked on a HP system that had charging battery problems.
Just to eliminate the obvious is the power adapter within the right specs and is your DC Power jack in good repair? If yes, how did you determine these results?

In the taskbar it said plugged in and battery 1 not present,i changed the battery with a new one and it powered but it couldnt charge,i changed the adapter it also never charged

Hmm. Let me think about that today. HP's seem to have weird battery problems that other brands do not. Dell's aren't excluded but stuff is way different.
As far as the power button thing which many people say is a miracle try this:

Step 01. Click on the Start Button

Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager

Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left

Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall

Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again

Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook

Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter

Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute

Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter

Step 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon

The above steps reset something that is unique to HP's. Not sure why but their battery charging circuit does have a memory. Give this a try and I will think about what else could be going on.
You have already tried all the obvious steps. Just because it happened to me once from a battery I bought from eBay did your battery source have a good rep? I'm not saying they don't but it happens. (I hate a cheap plug but I buy all my batteries from Amazon. Any problems they will take the battery back and if the seller gets too many complaints they are banned.)

EDIT: I hope you try that above procedure. Now that I think about it it worked on a customer/friend's wife's 8470p. He like you went out and did get a new battery and then brought the system to me after it didn't help. Doing the above procedure got the system looking at the battery the right way again.

Last edited:
Back