• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Brute Force fun project

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

boyyo1809

VIP Donator
Aug 27, 2015
Hello all I'm looking to do so digging in a just for fun project. I would like to decrypt as many of the passwords on the Ashley Madison dump as possible. Does anyone recommend a specific brute force program that you have you used and enjoyed. (running windows 7 and I don't want to use linux even though I'm sure it would make the process easier)

Thanks in advance.

PS: I'm not looking for anything/anyone specific just wanting to play around with some available programs and since Ashley Madison seems to be the big ticket and is a lot of data easily on hand I figured why not start there.

A "pro" cracker used 3 powerful GPUs running for 2 or 3 days and only cracked 4k of the list.
I don't advise you trying to crack that list.

Maybe a bit late but if you read this i´d suggest you read up on "oclHashcat" for bruteforce/dictionary attack or "RainbowCrack" if you want to use rainbow tables. Using rainbowtables, which is the fastest way and a good approach, requires you to download Rainbowtables for selected hash-algorithm in sizes of ~65-+600GB.
In any way i´d suggest you to read all the info really good and make sure you understand what you are doing before you begin. Also make sure you have som decent hardware or at least supported one. A low end hardware will take forever if used to bruteforce.
A multi GPU-machine is prefered when bruteforcing passwords longer than 5-6digits......

Back