• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Cannot find new printer

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

It0000

Oct 13, 2021
I have a new Brother printer and a Dell PC. The PC will not recognize the printer and I cannot IP into it.
I can IP to it from my iPad so I know the printer can be found on the Network.
I can take the Dell to another location and IP into another Brother printer so I assume it is not a setting on the PC.
I am lost as to where to go next?

Port blocking? I ran into a similar problem. It was a Comcast router. I forget the particulars but see if you can ping through that port. I think 20 and 22 get blocked on some ISP provided routers. Off the top of my head not sure what your printer's drivers are looking for. Try a netstat and see if that tells you.

Last edited:
I have a new Brother printer and a Dell PC. The PC will not recognize the printer and I cannot IP into it.
I can IP to it from my iPad so I know the printer can be found on the Network.
I can take the Dell to another location and IP into another Brother printer so I assume it is not a setting on the PC.
I am lost as to where to go next?
thecord might be damaged . install a wifi bridge router and then see if it connects when you plug the cord into the lan port

i would check several things first, make sure you have a good working cord ethernet one. then check the firewall if you komodo or mcaffee, theres your problem, get rid of them, they might be good but memory hogs for sure, even avast, avg and pc doctor is bad. clears those out. check your printer drivers, try a usb to see if printer works.

Back