• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Defender issue

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

zswobbie1

May 1, 2023
I've a odd issue.. Windows 11 22H2 version 22621.2428. All of a sudden Defender does not have the Scan button any more, & gives a Your IT administrator has limited access error message.
I've checked & I am Admin on the laptop.

Any ideas?

It's something that has just happened. How do I know if I have a limited account, & how do I rectify it?

I've a odd issue.. Windows 11 22H2 version 22621.2428. All of a sudden Defender does not have the Scan button any more, & gives a Your IT administrator has limited access error message.
I've checked & I am Admin on the laptop.

Any ideas?
Yes, Install Bitdefender Internet Security, has a lot options, scanning programs and or files and a complete system scan or a quick scan.

Also the firewall option.

Bitdefender is rated as the best in the world

Could try creating a new ADMIN USER AND THEN TRY IT AND SEE IF IT IS THE SAME RESULT? If so you have corruption and might roll back the last update. The best option is to restore to a restore point say a day before this started this will also fix it in most cases.

I have no idea when this issue started, so rolling back is not really an option.
I've just installed Bitdefender & am doing a deep scan. So I'm using Bitdefender in conjunction with Window Defenders firewall.
All seems to be working well, so far.

Was your computer previously managed by annother person or used before in an organization where someone was controlling computers remotely ? Maybe the update re-enabled this. If other Windows limitations appears, try reinstalling Windows from a DVD or a USB disk (not using the reset settings option, it may not do anything except losing files). Obviously make a backup of your files ans other important data before doing that.
Maybe it's just a Windows bug. Let's hope it'll be fixed in a future update and everything will go back fine for you. Afterall, today Windows has still a bug that shows the computer setup on user login to set a password for the current session, even if the computer has been allready set up... (in Windows 10, not seen it on Windows 11, and the fact "remind me in 3 days" button exists and works to get out of that but that doesn't remind you after is buggy but nice because no one wants to re-setup it's computer just because Windows has a bug)

No, it was never managed by anyone else before. It's not worth the hassle, to me, to reinstall Windows, just for something like this.
I've installed BitDefender & all seems good.

Back