• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

ERROR "Activate your windows 10" though I purchased it

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Amarendra

Sep 4, 2019
ERROR "Activate your windows 10" though I purchased it...I have tried online solves with services.msc and gpedit.msc etc...kindly help

try a repair install, Windows 10 does allow that, when ask for a key say NO, it will still repair your installation, then wait about 3 min - move to settings, update/security. activation and see if not then you can chnag the key, when you enter your key that you paid for. (If it is not a pirate key) it should work. other wise you might need to use Digital Activation to convert to OEM and Activate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Purchased it? Just going through the possibilities. If it was a legit source you may have to go back to them and find out what's what but not yet. What is the source of your Windows install? Did you download it from Microsoft or did you receive a pressed version of Windows 10? If not I would question the source if I had a problem such as your's? Personally I would download the latest version directly from M/S to avoid all those pesky updates and you are sure it's a legit copy.
Well it's one or the other. Not really any opportunities for failure outside of those as long as your hardware is in good order. I wouldn't contact M/S before consulting your license supplier they will be of little help unless you can be sure your COA is valid.

Back