• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

help, MS office 2016 install, windows 10

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

eriiny

Feb 20, 2023

MICROSOFT Office PRO Plus 2016 v16.0.4266.1003 RTM + Activator [TechTools]

is the torrent, and this is the message I'm getting when I try to open the install application
1676925544511.png

I've turned off all the windows security I can find - but it's beyond my knowledge why it still won't let me open it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. (My senior mother specifically wants a 2016 version of office on her computer, windows 10 and my minimal computer knowledge is all she's got)
1676925610975.png

MICROSOFT Office PRO Plus 2016 v16.0.4266.1003 RTM + Activator [TechTools]

is the torrent, and this is the message I'm getting when I try to open the install application
View attachment 6047

I've turned off all the windows security I can find - but it's beyond my knowledge why it still won't let me open it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. (My senior mother specifically wants a 2016 version of office on her computer, windows 10 and my minimal computer knowledge is all she's got)
View attachment 6048

Hi,

Rename folder to something shorter, example "office", make sure that antivirus software is fully disabled, run as admin. It should work ;)

Having the same issue here. Just downloaded it, disabled all security features, such as AV and Firewall, changed the name of the original download folder just to "office" and run as ADM. Still this error keeps popping up. Does anyone is experiencing this problem also? Should I just downgrade more or try the 2021 version of it? I'm using WIN10 as well. Thanks guys!

msoffice.png

Not my biz...BUT...
I still happily use Office 2010 and will never make use of all the features there. I'm long over the glamor and glory of trying to fight installing the latest, more bloated, less security version of things. Same goes for Photoshop.

Unless your senior mother is some sort of computer guru or whiz (then why would she need you?), why in the world does she think she "must" have 2016? To write her recipes?
There's plenty of earlier versions available that should handle her needs. Or even Libre Office.

Not my biz...BUT...
I still happily use Office 2010 and will never make use of all the features there. I'm long over the glamor and glory of trying to fight installing the latest, more bloated, less security version of things. Same goes for Photoshop.

Unless your senior mother is some sort of computer guru or whiz (then why would she need you?), why in the world does she think she "must" have 2016? To write her recipes?
There's plenty of earlier versions available that should handle her needs. Or even Libre Office.
There's that good ol' 2007 pro enterprise version with quite a few VLK keys floating around. The Dog guarantees they will work 100% of the time. Might not be 100% compatible with some of the fancier Word formatting in the newer versions, but hey I doubt mom needs that or is unlikely to come across them anyway.
To be honest, I became tired of my GF complaining of the pop-ups that show up in the 2021 Pro versions from time to time. I invested $39 in a lifetime license for 2021 Pro from Microsoft a small investment in peace and quiet (not one of those shady lifted from OEM version keys, the real thing). I mean seriously the cracks give you 100% function ability but they can bitch at you from time to time unless you make adjustments and updates can always be a crap shoot, but such is the life of a pirate.

Back