• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Help with MICROSOFT Office PRO Plus 2016 v16.0.4266.1003 RTM after System Restore fail

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

RobbieD_PL

Jul 4, 2023
Hi everybody,

I really need help with trying to install "MICROSOFT Office PRO Plus 2016 v16.0.4266.1003 RTM". After a system restore that failed, I had to do a clean install of Windows. However, after downloading the above MS 2016 suite, I'm unable to install it because there is a conflict with my internet settings (& the files are being picked up as Trojans by Windows Defender). Is there any way I can get around this to even start the installation? Please Help!

Hi everybody,

I really need help with trying to install "MICROSOFT Office PRO Plus 2016 v16.0.4266.1003 RTM". After a system restore that failed, I had to do a clean install of Windows. However, after downloading the above MS 2016 suite, I'm unable to install it because there is a conflict with my internet settings (& the files are being picked up as Trojans by Windows Defender). Is there any way I can get around this to even start the installation? Please Help!
Temporarily disable antivirus, install Office then reactivate your anti-virus.

Temporarily disable antivirus, install Office then reactivate your anti-virus.
Already tried disabling AV, but I'm unable to open any of the setup .exes, even as administrator. Windows Security says "Your internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened". NB that I have Win 10 Home & Windows Security instead of Windows Defender. I've disabled real-time protection, controlled folder access & Check apps & files + Windows Security firewall. What else do I have to do?

Back