What's new

Help with driver genius install ?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

elite

Oct 14, 2021
OS
Windows 10
BR
Firefox 93.0
I installed Driver Genius from 1337x (LINK REMOVED)
but instructions are not too clear on how to get it to work

1. I installed the program
2. closed it in task manager
3.copied crack into install folder
4.(problem start)-after using the code, it registers and restarts the program then when trying to use program to update it says the code was invalid and ask all over again.

5. i get the instructions about going to hosts etc.. but can some re explain that properly, what am i doing in hosts, and what do i add there (and someone said something about running note pad in Admin, but i only get a ,what do you want to open this file with, select with note pad, and have no way of enabling it threw Admin

recap- after getting the basics down like installing it and adding crack, what do i do next to get it to work. (with the hosts files) thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

ThumperTM

La Patróna
Owner
Aug 18, 2010
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 94.0.4606.81
Hi,

This is an old upload, you better download drivers from official site.

elite

Oct 14, 2021
OS
Windows 10
BR
Firefox 93.0
Hi,

This is an old upload, you better download drivers from official site.
what do you mean its the latest torrent, or atleast one that has a lot of seeders. if you have a better one can you send me link

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 94.0.4606.81
what do you mean its the latest torrent, or atleast one that has a lot of seeders. if you have a better one can you send me link
Unfortunately nothing lasts forever. I have seen these driver programs do not so good things to systems.
Your best bet if you have a prebuilt OEM system is to go to the system's builders site (i.e. Dell, HP, etc.). For a home built system go the the individual components manufacturer's site but you are smarter sticking to the system builder's site if you have a choice.
Those drivers programs are trouble on so many levels.

hacxx

May 29, 2021
OS
Windows 8.1
BR
Chrome 91.0.4472.77
what do you mean its the latest torrent, or at least one that has a lot of seeders. if you have a better one can you send me link
Any cracked driver software older than 6 months to a year should not be used.

Lifetron

Apr 16, 2021
OS
OS X 10.9 Mavericks
BR
Chrome 68.0.3398.0
Find out exactly what hardware you have with some kind of system information tool and download the drivers yourself. If you can't make that work Driver Pack Solution can work, but really, Windows 10 sucks & Driver Genius is only good for identifying your hardware or possibly getting the correct filename for the driver you need to search google with.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors