• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

help with winrar 6.11 Final installation please

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

zolo111

Oct 11, 2022
Hello, I downloaded winrar from 1337 by Thumper, installed it then moved the key file as instructed to the installation folder "C:\Program Files\WinRAR", winrar was not running at the time, I checked in task manager, But it still says evaluation 40 days. I have windows 11. I tried a restart, but same issue.

Thank you

Hello, I downloaded winrar from 1337 by Thumper, installed it then moved the key file as instructed to the installation folder "C:\Program Files\WinRAR", winrar was not running at the time, I checked in task manager, But it still says evaluation 40 days. I have windows 11. I tried a restart, but same issue.

Thank you
Hi,

You did something wrong, repeat all steps.

Unistalled, restarted and started over. Same thing happened.
Downloaded 6.01 and it worked with no issues.
Thanks

why do we even use WinRAR any more? Some groups still like to use RAR to break up downloads...like in the halcyon old days of slow internet.
So all I use it for is to unRAR files back into the full download.
I find 7-Zip does this just fine.

When used with a recovery tool like Quickpar2, etc., multiple volumes of large downloads are both far easier to munge for security and repair in the case of a damaged or incomplete download. WinRAR is far more easier to incorporate in downloading programs to allow file integrity to be monitored on the fly.

That was what I understood the purpose of smaller rar files was, in the past. If only one rar file was corrupt you only needed to redo that one. Made good sense.
I searched for integrating winrar into utorrent. All I can see at first glance is that you can have utorrent launch winrar to unrar the files. Hardly worth the effort imho.
Plus, I don't see how integrity could be checked "on the fly" as when I watch the file pieces come in, seems like most are completed bit by bit right up to the very end. Could be wrong on that.
I imagine the upload groups might check their rar files before upping to avoid a repack...
I'm no high end expert. I'd guess in 20 years I could count the number of corrupted rar downloads on one or two hands.

haven't used Usenet for over a decade. Maybe it's more of a problem there as I seem to recall ?

Here's one I don't understand. WHY do some groups rar the d/l, then convert those files into zips? Does the zip somehow add an extra layer against corruption of data?

Well believe it or not programs like SABnzb or NZBGet and the Usenet are still considered the premier way to widely distribute group releases. They have real-time monitoring as well as the ability to unmunge postings that keeps postings from a DMCA takedown. Yes there are private FTPs and p2p private sites but those are generally used for work copies. Group distributions still rely on the Usenet, agree with it or not. It's too easy for someone to poison an already cracked code, slap a group name on it and stick it out on PB for distribution without drawing much attention, not so on the Usenet. That's why I stick to 1337x b/c they maintain a vetting system and there are (mostly) respected comments on individual programs by each torrent post, I wouldn't touch PB posted programs.

OK Usenet if you say so...to find old stuff you haven't archived by now. You posted back in July:

"My current provider has a retention of 5,000+ days of posts, allows 100 simultaneous connections and has servers in the US and EU and allows unlimited downloads (I run about 10TB or more/month)...."

Crikey Mate! Don't you have the entire internet downloaded by now !!:D What in the world are you doing with 10 TB monthly? There's not enough time in the day to install and use that many programs or watch that many TV series, old shows, magazines, books, movies.,...

As for 1337x it looks great, but also has the same stuff as private tracker Torrenday which is my go-to. I suspect these guys all copy from each other...might even by same source further up the line...like DARPA !:oops:

footnote: I've never been burnt at crackingpatching.com. limited, yes.

another example, I wanted a visual trace route program...some old thing. I found it on TPB but not on 1337x or torrentday. Probably on Uselessnet...er...Usenet !! ;)

footnote: I've never been burnt at crackingpatching.com. limited, yes.
I hope your good luck holds. Seems like there's not a whole lot of respect of groups these days. Crackpatching is pretty good but some of those links are damn stodgy, so you had better know exactly what you are dealing with. Problem with p2p is just that. VPNs do give you anonymity, as long as someone isn't camping out at the POP waiting for your connection and accidents do happen. Everybody here needs to understand this isn't playing around.
For example a huge US broadband residential supplier also is heavily invested in the same entertainment companies that are distributed in violation of the DMCA. That isn't a joke. The Usenet is completely transparent to downloaders, uploaders are another story. P2P is very amateur as well. The emergence of people trying to profit from the shady activities related to warez and pirate distribution of video and audio changes the whole picture, it's no longer sharing but becomes theft. It's far easier to prosecute a thief vs. someone just sharing the same material.
I have a question for you. How do you think they catch all these pedos with hard drives full of the garbage they have downloaded? You think maybe law enforcement has cracked the vpn/ p2p connection? Maybe they haven't let on because they would rather not tip their hat to the garbage who trades this crap. I'll leave you with this: #1 there are a very limited amount of vpn POPs shared among all the providers. To monitor the traffic in real time wouldn't be that hard when you think back at one point the US government was monitoring all the cellular traffic over AT&T's cellular network in Langley.
Just thought I would like you all to know, I hope they catch all the pedos and human traffickers and subject the lot of them to a very long painful slow death in a public place. There is far too much recidivism among that group and the price their victims pay doesn't compare to the treatment they receive. Why do we need a Megan's law anyway when so many of these scum don't comply, eliminate them from society, at best a two strike deal.

You wrote a good bunch of sense for noobs thinking they are 'leet when they get into warez.
But I'll see your mild paranoia and raise you:
  • everything is tracked and stored like at the big data center in Utah...and probably many redundant places in DUMBs
  • technically they aren't supposed to look at the data...but WHEN they can find a case against you, THEN they can go back and construct a web of all your contacts until they find more crimes for their prosecution
  • in fact, they do this anyway, but can't reveal they illegally invaded your privacy. So they watch and wait for some other way they can claim was legal surveillance
  • But we are small fish. The real money is in Control. Profiling, tracking, herding, influencing, curating what "news" you get to hear about.
  • Gulags breed resentment and rebellion. Better to control you through currency, esp. digital. Put us into Smart Cities and IOT where humans become a mesh network for the AI. Robots will still need humans as go-fers.
  • Better Huxley's Alphaville where we all get happy drugs, all the TV and movies you want; plus a nice VR helmet so you can live your life as a battery in the Matrix, mining crypto with bio-implants. Endorphins or adrenoline: whatever menu you like.
  • My Surfshark VPN merged with Nord, which they promote as "improvement in service" but it's worse now. All roads lead to Rome, or City of London...or Basel Switzerland, home of the emigrant pharaohs, Old money...I mean old, old, old. Templars are newcomers. Look to the old families that came out of the Silk Road intersections between East, West, South...where the amber trade met the Silk Road.
  • Here there be Banksters... shapeshifters who can and will adopt any custom, face, costume, culture...whatever the customer wants. Professional liars and dissemblers, bored with ordinary pleasures, and jacked up on playing Global Chess
  • Curiously, old Khazaria is today's Ukraine. Look behind the curtain
  • I've posted more than once about Intel, Microsoft moving to Israel. This is "security?" you think? The Hydra has penetrated all systems.
  • I posted on God Mode reveal, the chips are backdoored, the servers everywhere.
  • the root level encryption keys are in the hands of criminals...
  • if you are in an urban area, your iPhone air tag bluetooth never-off feature can track you within meters, if not more. You phone is chatting it's location constantly to every other iPhone until a node connected to the internet reports all of this back to Apple.
  • Google: DARPA. WasteBook: DARPA. Etc.
  • Enough. Watch Brendon O'Connell channel or Rob Braxman.
  • Most "alt" channels are limited hangouts
So where are we? If THEY want you you're toast. But better to let would-be "rebels" play with their warez candy. We statistics. Let 2% know how-it-works...who cares?

Did you get your Jabs? You're part of the mesh network now with AI hydrogel self-assembling software in your veins using patented tech, so now you are possessor/user of leased software, and thus property to some extent. You're a transceiver. Congratulations.

It's a Movie. The World or Matrix of "reality" we think we know is going though major OS updates... when you wake up one morning you won't even remember your former "identity." You'll have downloaded new memories, and will go out whistling a happy tune bright eyed and bushy tailed, to run in your reverse-Faraday cage hamster wheel churning out current for the AI. And you won't even notice as you watch another shitty boy-girl or Sci-Fi movie all entranced about your pronouns and "rights" looking for your next fix of bling or ring-a-ding-ding in your genitals.

Or maybe off to church for promises of eternal Disneyland ....not now of course....behave...after you croak!

What a comedy. Idiots who think they are "free."

Thank you
Downgrade if this is not a problem for you. You made the right steps to have a cracked version of winrar (Install and copy the key file to the folder). Once installed you can re-use winrar without requiring to install again.

Back