• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Hey C:

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Jjazmin167

Jan 29, 2019
Hey, my name is Jaz and I'm new here!

I was torrenting 'TechSmith Camtasia Studio 9.0.4 Build 1948 + Serials [TechTools]' when I came across an issue with my computer and the download, does anyone know where I can find the troubleshooting forum on here for that torrent?

any and all help would be appreciated :coracao:

Welcome Jjazmin167! ;) :D

Here is topic for Camtasia: https://www.tech-tools.me/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=73949&hilit=Camtasia&start=60

"Disregard the comments where this doesn't work. It does, its just the readme file isn't totally correct on how to crack it, as it leaves on thing out. EDIT REGINFO.INI with the information in the SERIALS.TXT file. Then it should work. If you need help on what fields to use, then you shouldn't be here. :)"
Thanks APAL

I registered just to post my solution, as I was having difficulties with this torrent as well.

Add the server-blocking info to the hosts file as instructed in the readme. After copying the cracked RegInfo.ini file to the "C:\ProgramData\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio 9" folder, right-click to edit it with notepad and substitute the info inside for this info:

[RegistrationInfo]
ValidationData3=1
RegistrationKey=UVVDD-MJCCC-CD9MC-3KCBQ-293CF
RegisteredTo=ThumperTM
ValidationData1=
ValidationData2=1

Save, right-click the file, choose Properties, and mark it as READ-ONLY.

Start Camtasia. It will still complain about not being able to reach the servers, but it will allow you to do everything as if it was registered (no watermark when exporting videos for example). Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I registered just to post my solution, as I was having difficulties with this torrent as well.

Add the server-blocking info to the hosts file as instructed in the readme. After copying the cracked RegInfo.ini file to the "C:\ProgramData\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio 9" folder, right-click to edit it with notepad and substitute the info inside for this info:

[RegistrationInfo]
ValidationData3=1
RegisteredTo=ThumperTM
ValidationData1=
ValidationData2=1

Start Camtasia. It will still complain about not being able to reach the servers, but it will allow you to do everything as if it was registered (no watermark when exporting videos for example). Hope this helps.
This worked like a charm!
Thanks.

[RegistrationInfo]
ValidationData3=1
RegisteredTo=ThumperTM
ValidationData1=
ValidationData2=1

Not working for me, not sure what am I doing wrong, I am following these steps.

Could it be the Server-Blocking info? how do I do that properly, I followed the instructions to go system32 and add this in the host file

127.0.0.1 www.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 activation.cloud.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 oscount.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 updater.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 camtasiatudi.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 tsccloud.cloudapp.net
127.0.0.1 assets.cloud.techsmith.com

Is this ok?

Not working for me, not sure what am I doing wrong, I am following these steps.

Could it be the Server-Blocking info? how do I do that properly, I followed the instructions to go system32 and add this in the host file

127.0.0.1 www.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 activation.cloud.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 oscount.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 updater.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 camtasiatudi.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 tsccloud.cloudapp.net
127.0.0.1 assets.cloud.techsmith.com

Is this ok?

[RegistrationInfo]
ValidationData3=1
RegisteredTo=ThumperTM
ValidationData1=
ValidationData2=1

"Disregard the comments where this doesn't work. It does, its just the readme file isn't totally correct on how to crack it, as it leaves on thing out. EDIT REGINFO.INI with the information in the SERIALS.TXT file. Then it should work. If you need help on what fields to use, then you shouldn't be here. :)"
Thanks APAL

Give me a break with the "you shouldn't be here" comment.

If you can't create instructions that successfully help an average person install a crack, then the problem is the instructor, not the user.

That'd be like Adobe saying, to hell with it, if you can't install our program, its your fault, not ours. With that attitude, they'd never have succeeded. Same applies to installing a crack. If people are struggling to install the crack, its on the instructor, not the installer.

Yes people need to read carefully and follow instructions carefully, but there are questions that are unanswered in the instructions in most cases and those questions could be anticipated and answered in most cases. A video tutorial is the best means of doing that, but more detailed instructions is the next best option.

Give me a break with the "you shouldn't be here" comment.

If you can't create instructions that successfully help an average person install a crack, then the problem is the instructor, not the user.

That'd be like Adobe saying, to hell with it, if you can't install our program, its your fault, not ours. With that attitude, they'd never have succeeded. Same applies to installing a crack. If people are struggling to install the crack, its on the instructor, not the installer.

Yes people need to read carefully and follow instructions carefully, but there are questions that are unanswered in the instructions in most cases and those questions could be anticipated and answered in most cases. A video tutorial is the best means of doing that, but more detailed instructions is the next best option.
It's people who have no idea what they are doing and too lazy to bother to try and figure it out who many times alert the software publisher and ultimately destroy the crack for everyone.
If you don't care to invest the time and practice to figure out how this whole thing works, buy the damn program and stop wasting all of our time. The fact it does work for most people already proves it's operator error.
Maybe you should start your own board for those folks you feel so sorry for. I'm sure you will have a bunch of fun.
Keep in mind one thing:
Ignorance can be fixed,
but there ain't no hope for stupid.

I have been around this scene longer than some members here have been alive and that has always been the prevailing code and attitude. Maybe you are in the wrong place too?

It's people who have no idea what they are doing and too lazy to bother to try and figure it out who many times alert the software publisher and ultimately destroy the crack for everyone.
If you don't care to invest the time and practice to figure out how this whole thing works, buy the damn program and stop wasting all of our time. The fact it does work for most people already proves it's operator error.
Maybe you should start your own board for those folks you feel so sorry for. I'm sure you will have a bunch of fun.
Keep in mind one thing:
Ignorance can be fixed,
but there ain't no hope for stupid.

I have been around this scene longer than some members here have been alive and that has always been the prevailing code and attitude. Maybe you are in the wrong place too?

One can't help but agree with DVDR_Dog here. Even as a season veteran digital pirate (user not creator), we're trained to follow the instructions in the readme files. If a step is just blatantly missing, your argument then becomes one of, why aren't you a coder who could basically create this cracked product yourself? It's nonsense that isn't helpful at all.

One could reasonably assume that any creators purpose would be to make this easy enough for a tech-savvy person to accomplish, rather than leaving people with missing steps that then send them here to be made to feel like an unwelcome idiot by someone like yourself.

[RegistrationInfo]
ValidationData3=1
RegisteredTo=ThumperTM
ValidationData1=
ValidationData2=1

Hi I did this step and also I copy pasted the Serial number as per the read me profile with hashtag and space.
however still I am unable to register via the provided Serial number can you help me out here please?

[RegistrationInfo]
ValidationData3=1
RegisteredTo=ThumperTM
ValidationData1=
ValidationData2=1

it still doesn't work for me, what could I be doing wrong?

If you are still having issues, Try this it workd for me:
  1. Follow the process as per ThumperTM's post.
  2. Open Control Panel
  3. Select "Programs and Features"
  4. From the list find "Camtasia 9" and right click and select "Change"
  5. Then select "Repair"
  6. Once done recopy the "RegInfo.ini" file over with the chances as per ThumperTM's post
After copying the cracked RegInfo.ini file to the "C:\ProgramData\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio 9" folder, right-click to edit it with notepad and substitute the info inside for this info:

[RegistrationInfo]
ValidationData3=1
RegisteredTo=ThumperTM
ValidationData1=
ValidationData2=1

Open Camtasia and you should be good to go....

If you are still having issues, Try this it workd for me:
  1. Follow the process as per ThumperTM's post.
  2. Open Control Panel
  3. Select "Programs and Features"
  4. From the list find "Camtasia 9" and right click and select "Change"
  5. Then select "Repair"
  6. Once done recopy the "RegInfo.ini" file over with the chances as per ThumperTM's post
After copying the cracked RegInfo.ini file to the "C:\ProgramData\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio 9" folder, right-click to edit it with notepad and substitute the info inside for this info:

[RegistrationInfo]
ValidationData3=1
RegisteredTo=ThumperTM
ValidationData1=
ValidationData2=1

Open Camtasia and you should be good to go....
Hey this worked like a charm. My laptop died and I just got done building a PC, put the laptops ssd in and everything booted up fine and I resumed a camtasia project that has taken innumerable hrs and when I go to produce it wanted verification even though it was already cracked and it was blocked on firewall... tried everything till I found you guys... Clean install, did exactly as it says here, and even though it yells at me that it cant validate me it lets me render with no watermark. Thank you!!!!

Back