• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!
Resource icon

How To Check If Your PC Can Run Windows 11

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

ThumperTM

La Patróna
Aug 18, 2010
ThumperTM submitted a new resource:

How To Check If Your PC Can Run Windows 11 - How To Check If Your PC Can Run Windows 11

Microsoft has announced that Windows 11 will be launched on October 5. Windows 11 is the successor to the current Windows 10, which has over 1 billion active users.

Now that it has been confirmed that Windows 11 is a free upgrade for Windows 10 users, many PC users are wondering if their PC can run Windows 11 without any issues.

To start with, most PCs running the latest version of Windows 10 should be able to install and run Windows 11 without any issues. That said, the minimum...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks, I got an idea why not create a setup.exe with InstallShield that verify the system requirements for Windows 11 and inform the user if it can or cannot install Windows 11 in the machine? This would be useful for older systems.

There is allegedly a script available that will allow an installation of Windows 11 to systems that don't meet the requirements.. Frankly I don't see any tangible benefits from Windows 11 other than heightened security for the novice user. Granted this may change but the only other thing that I have noticed is they moved a bunch of stuff around in the GUI and took away some features, M/S says in the name of security.
EDIT: A coworker informed me today that a future promise by M/S is that Win 11 will be able to take full advantage of Gen4 nVMe SSD drives something that Win 10 isn't fully capable of. I am just quoting him but he tells me that's good news for gamers.

Last edited:
I understand that Win11 is partially pointed at gamers, which is still good for the rest of us.
It mainly looks like cosmetic changes to me. Although I only have one computer that is up to the set standards for installation, I have used the modification ideas to install on an older but still capable computer. Shrug.

"I understand that Win11 is partially pointed at gamers."
Wrong. Win 11 is about 10% slower (I read it somewhere) in games than Win 10 if I said correctly.
Easy

"I understand that Win11 is partially pointed at gamers."
Wrong. Win 11 is about 10% slower (I read it somewhere) in games than Win 10 if I said correctly.
Easy
Not exactly. I have seen some pretty exhaustive benchmarking, some situations it's a tad faster, some a tad slower but really nothing to get excited about. I suspect the added security overhead steals a few CPU cycles now and then.
To reply to Thumper's original post, it seems Microsoft has informally really softened up their requirements. It's common knowledge that eliminating the file appraiserres.dll from the ISO will bypass the normal requirements. Microsoft wishes everybody would be compliant, I wish I had a million dollars. Let's see what the reality might be. Heck I would settle for being the next potato baron.

There is allegedly a script available that will allow an installation of Windows 11 to systems that don't meet the requirements..
Microsoft should allow hardware that doesn't meet the hardware requirements to install Windows 11 but have a banner in Windows Update that tells you that you are running Windows 11 on unsupported hardware so you won't get official support and that drivers might not be available, in other words you install it at your own risk.

remember we got this when win10 was let loose. Did it seem to be semi hardware dependant? At least it turned out not bad. I agree with DVDR_DOG let's just observe M/S wishful thinking in the meantime. I wished I had a tail at one point in my life.!!

ThumperTM submitted a new resource:

How To Check If Your PC Can Run Windows 11 - How To Check If Your PC Can Run Windows 11

Read more about this resource...
The Main Component Your Device Needs Is TPM (Trusted Plaform Module)
If You Can't Find That In Your Device's Settings Then You'll Have Search It On Your Device's BIOS.
If It's In Your BIOS Setting, Then Turn It On. Enroll For Windows Insiders Program (Free) Then Go To Settings And Click On Update. There You Can See Insiders Program! Click On It. Sign In With Your Microsoft Account Or Outlook Account. After That Select Dev Channel Or You Use The "Recommended" Option Which Will Be Better If You Don't Wanna Share The Bugs, Crashes, Etc. To Windows So That They Can Fix Those Problems And Make The Next Update Better. But If Make A Bootable Pendrive With Windows 11 On It, In Near Future, You Device Will Show Some Errors ( Depending If It's Compatible According To Your Configuration & By That I Mean Core i5, 11 Gen & TPM)

Back