• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

How to edit windows emoji panel windows 10

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Hotrod369

VIP
May 31, 2021
I'd like to add more emoji's into the windows emoji panel. From the research I've done the emoji's are in a system32.dll file and are in unicode. I'd like to take emoji's that are often used use different platforms save then into the proper file type Then incert them into the windows emoji panel. I've got plenty of time on my hands and am more than willing to learn new skills. I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks
Hotrod

There is a freeware program Moji Maker available from the Microsoft Store.
Here are some detailed instructions on it's use.

Thank you for your response. This app will make emoji's but I'm more interested in adding custom emoji's to the windows emoji panel.

Thank you for your response. This app will make emoji's but I'm more interested in adding custom emoji's to the windows emoji panel.
Sorry I misunderstood your question. It's my understanding the file that contains that info is rather touchy. It's not easily modified perhaps for security reasons. It looks like it's a sequential file that just can't be added to without changing attributes, markers, etc. Maybe some member knows how to hack the thing but be careful and back your original file up before you play.

From the research, I did I think it can be done but is in UNIX and would require adding more fonts. The time it would take me to learn UNIX just didn't seem worth the simple reward of custom emojis in the windows emoji panel. I found this and have yet to try it. It's a Chrome extension called Emotes Everywhere.

From the research, I did I think it can be done but is in UNIX and would require adding more fonts. The time it would take me to learn UNIX just didn't seem worth the simple reward of custom emojis in the windows emoji panel. I found this and have yet to try it. It's a Chrome extension called Emotes Everywhere.
Thanks, But you share a link that is just a google chrome add-on, How can I add it on to the windows emoji panel!

Thanks, But you share a link that is just a google chrome add-on, How can I add it on to the windows emoji panel!
As I told you it's my understanding that it can be done but you'd need to know UNIX and add more fonts to windows to edit the emoji panel. The link I shared was meant as something you could use instead of editing the windows emoji panel.

Back