• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

How to share wired Internet Connection Over USB Dongle Wifi ?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

linkho

Sep 29, 2021
Hi all
I have a Desktop PC with Windows 10 Enterprise installed. it has Static IP with Special DNS Address for Accessing Internet through one PCI Network Card.
Now I want to use PC's Internet on my Phone and my laptop. i have one USB dongle WiFi . is it posible to share PC' internet
through this USB Dongle ? please help me....By the way, my Usb dongle is as attached picture.

Thanks in advanced.
Kind Regards.

Attachments

• 20210929_144133.jpg
    20210929_144133.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 6
No not really. You could set up a LAN with the wireless but that still wouldn't give you access to the wired network, they would be two separate entities. There may be a way to get the wired network bandwidth over to the wireless LAN and make it a hotspot, but conventional Windows networking has no provision to do that. I'll have a look around if I get some free time, but I would count on it.
The fact the PC is on a hardened network just complicates things even more. I am not sure your network admin would be happy even if you figured out a way, it would be visible to them.

Thank you very much for following my case
This video :
Youtube Link

is what i want But the presenter is using Windows 7 and i dont know how to create ad-hoc network in win 10.....Could you please see the video and help me setup ad-hoc network in win10?
Kind Regards.

Last edited:
you can use an accesspoint set like tp_link to get wired internet to be a wifi internet
1- connect lan cabel to access point
2- set up awifi net work
access the wifi network using mobile or laptop
connect the pc to the access point using lan cable

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    8 KB · Views: 4
Thanks....i will check this solution
But you said "connect the pc to the access point using lan cable"......I have one Access Point that only has one Ethernet port (Attached Picture) .....I got confused ! ......May be another access point model is needed?

Anyway let me check.
Kind Regards.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 4
Thank you very much for following my case
This video :
Youtube Link

is what i want But the presenter is using Windows 7 and i dont know how to create ad-hoc network in win 10.....Could you please see the video and help me setup ad-hoc network in win10?
Kind Regards.
Problem here is your wired network is static. In order for this to work something has to hand out an IP for your device. Being that your wired network is not DCHP I think that may be a problem, two devices can't have the same address, that would result in collisions.

Sorry this has turned into a bowl of spaghetti.
I am hoping what you meant is the PC was connected to the modem/router with a static IP, DNS really is another subject and really doesn't matter for this discussion. Windows can share an IP through ICS a built in module. Note that any DNS settings that the host Windows desktop is acting as a router and the DNS assigned to the desktop ethernet adaptor will be passed along to the phone/tablet/laptop, etc. The adaptor on the phone, etc. should be set to DHCP not a static IP. DCHP is normally the default setting. All settings on the wireless connected devices will be connected VIA LAN settings. The desktop WAN will only have the public facing IP and DNS settings
Enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) in Windows 10

Last edited:
Back