• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

I can't update Windows!

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

ATCO

Oct 2, 2021
Hello to everybody!

I am running Windows 10 Home Edition (64-bit) Version 1809.

Lately I realised I can't perform any Windows update, neither manually nor automatically. The software tries to find the new update (the dots are running from left to right), but nothing is found. The Windows Update troubleshoot, finds no problem (or it doesn't show any reslut, runs etarnally!).

At the same time, I got notifications of a pending windows update when I start my computer, but I can't perform any update. I have BitDefender and Malwarebytes installed (obvisouly Windows Defender is disabled). Is that perhaps the reason of my problems ? I shut down the Malwarebytes and tried to perform an update but still nothing. Should I unistall Bitdefender?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Try this open CMD as Admin and enter line by line:
Net Stop bits Net Stop wuauserv Net Stop appidsvc Net Stop cryptsvc Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak Net Start bits Net Start wuauserv Net Start appidsvc Net Start cryptsvc
Then restart PC. Might help. To me yes ones.

Try this open CMD as Admin and enter line by line:
Net Stop bits Net Stop wuauserv Net Stop appidsvc Net Stop cryptsvc Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak Net Start bits Net Start wuauserv Net Start appidsvc Net Start cryptsvc
Then restart PC. Might help. To me yes ones.
This will delete any corrupted update files or rather just moves them to another directory in this case, but it does the trick . Windows just does a duh many times until the corruption is deleted. Good share Talaba, thanks

Back