• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Microsoft kicks unsupported PCs out of Windows 11 preview program

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
M/S is digging their heels in on this one. Meet the specs or you're out.
I see where they are coming from with security in mind which it seems that's really what Win 11 is all about.

nothing new there we all knew it would appen sooner or later, but there will be new workarounds sooner or later, just wait and see

M/S is digging their heels in on this one. Meet the specs or you're out.
I see where they are coming from with security in mind which it seems that's really what Win 11 is all about.
What I don't get is Windows is an Operating System and it is carrying on like it is the next release of some massive multiplayer game!

The TPM has been around for a while, long enough for older Motherboards to easily meet the requirements of Secure Boot. Why are they so needy about users having the latest Gen CPU.

I have 6th Gen Intel and my motherboard has the TPM2.0 Module in and working this should be good enough to satisfy an OS

Do you think they will drop the CPU requirement if the Motherboard is TPM2.0 Ready and Active.

If not I will just keep an eye out for a Win11 Transformation addon for Win10

Back