Diguelo
Donator
- Joined
- Feb 1, 2023
- Messages
- 864
- Thread Author
- #1
Ive just installed a version of windows 11 that was downloaded from their website as a img file of Windows 11.
All went according to plan until it got the do you want Microsoft this that and the other. Then it gets fixated on WINDOWS BACKUP. Are you sure you dont want backup, Ill just install One Drive for you and start BAckup you must be mistaken.
Well Ive just done a search for it to turn it off and it appears to be installing as a Service instead of an EXE.
Then the Adverts "Oh you really need to tailor this app so we know where you oops, sorry I mean you know where you are and YOU can tailor your adverts program to suit what we oops I mean you wish to see, turning it off doesnt reduce the number of ads but the relevance will be all over the place. etc etc etc
And then comes the best part, having only JUST installed Windows 11 comes the first Subscription
Microsoft 365 ar you really sure you dont want it?
Then comes the beauty MICROAOFT ONEDRIVE ONLINE, oh we can sign you up right away and make use of the discunted price of F--- O--
So if you run into the Subscription path in the Installer images, Skip Skip Skip skip,
So anyone insttalling the OS Windows be prepared to carefully avoid what can be avoided and keep an eye on updates from thrid parties to get Windows and YOUR PERSONAL PROPERTY BACK WHERE IT BELONGS IN YOUR CONTROL.
I bought my first Personal Apple Macbook Pro today and also created my own personal Linux machine. I am seriously considering dumping Windows. Steam is the ony thing I need for my gaming, the rest can follow me across platform hops.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
All went according to plan until it got the do you want Microsoft this that and the other. Then it gets fixated on WINDOWS BACKUP. Are you sure you dont want backup, Ill just install One Drive for you and start BAckup you must be mistaken.
Well Ive just done a search for it to turn it off and it appears to be installing as a Service instead of an EXE.
Then the Adverts "Oh you really need to tailor this app so we know where you oops, sorry I mean you know where you are and YOU can tailor your adverts program to suit what we oops I mean you wish to see, turning it off doesnt reduce the number of ads but the relevance will be all over the place. etc etc etc
And then comes the best part, having only JUST installed Windows 11 comes the first Subscription
Microsoft 365 ar you really sure you dont want it?
Then comes the beauty MICROAOFT ONEDRIVE ONLINE, oh we can sign you up right away and make use of the discunted price of F--- O--
So if you run into the Subscription path in the Installer images, Skip Skip Skip skip,
So anyone insttalling the OS Windows be prepared to carefully avoid what can be avoided and keep an eye on updates from thrid parties to get Windows and YOUR PERSONAL PROPERTY BACK WHERE IT BELONGS IN YOUR CONTROL.
I bought my first Personal Apple Macbook Pro today and also created my own personal Linux machine. I am seriously considering dumping Windows. Steam is the ony thing I need for my gaming, the rest can follow me across platform hops.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED