• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Need Help With an Odd Format

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
Here's my problem my brothers and sisters. Not a biggie but all problems are huge to me until I can solve them. Professor Google has kind to let me down on this one.
OK Here goes:
I bought this T11 car Bluetooth fm transmitter from Amazon. It's one of those wonderful products from China. From what I can tell it works great, it's instructions are terrible even before someone translated them into English.
As I already mentioned I have a 4Runner. 2006 LTD the last of the great ones some say. It has a killer factory sound system installed but no Aux input or Bluetooth. It pairs with my iPod and my phone just fine and the sound is outstanding.
Now here's the problem. It has 2 USB jacks and an "TF card" slot. The instructions also mention a "U disk". I think a TF card is a Micro SD but what exactly is a U disk? Is it a flash drive formatted to FAT 32 and looks like a hard drive when mounted? I found directions and a link to a small file for this conversion. Am I on the right path here or am I totally confused?

If you know anything about this hardware or U disk please share. Never heard of it and I am always willing to learn.
-Thanks

Here's my problem my brothers and sisters. Not a biggie but all problems are huge to me until I can solve them. Professor Google has kind to let me down on this one.
OK Here goes:
I bought this T11 car Bluetooth fm transmitter from Amazon. It's one of those wonderful products from China. From what I can tell it works great, it's instructions are terrible even before someone translated them into English.
As I already mentioned I have a 4Runner. 2006 LTD the last of the great ones some say. It has a killer factory sound system installed but no Aux input or Bluetooth. It pairs with my iPod and my phone just fine and the sound is outstanding.
Now here's the problem. It has 2 USB jacks and an "TF card" slot. The instructions also mention a "U disk". I think a TF card is a Micro SD but what exactly is a U disk? Is it a flash drive formatted to FAT 32 and looks like a hard drive when mounted? I found directions and a link to a small file for this conversion. Am I on the right path here or am I totally confused?

If you know anything about this hardware or U disk please share. Never heard of it and I am always willing to learn.
-Thanks
Here's a description: (http://i-loveshare.com/u-disc-vs-usb-flash-drive/)
And here's a link to purchase one: (https://www.amazon.com/i-Flash-Drive-U-Disk-interface-Android/dp/B01D8ZAMX8)
Hope this helps.

always with the amazon, suspicious
i use anything but amazon, except maybe walmart, but sometimes maybe
amazon maybe as a very last resort
i'll gladly pay more to not use amazon

oh btw, stop using google; you should know better by now, seriously
try ddg, duckduckgo
perhaps a link? lest you have to google it, lol

Wanna hear something funny? I have met with Gabriel Weinberg. I drive by his place at least a few times per week.
Darn I try not to use any references to a specific search engine. It's like Coke, it's just a knee jerk reaction. (For the record I don't drink Coke products). I guess I need to be more careful. I don't really try to promote any web search, to each their own. What works for me may be a flop for you.

Problem solved. It's something to do with GNOME and I guess it's Linux based roots? Anyway until I have time to really go after GNOME (winter 2020 project?) here's the answer I found:

It really has to do with these cheap Asian products with home brewed interfaces. I guess the sellers buy blank hardware stick something that was authored for cheap and stick it out for sale. The stuff works although it lacks full functionality and sometimes the GUI is a little hard to understand.

Back