• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

New Dell Latitude 7230 Rugged Extreme Tablet aims to help those working in tough environments

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

TWF Bot

Staff member
Nov 29, 2020
Not everyone works in an office or at home. If you work in more challenging environments – such as ambulances, fields, factories, deserts and tundras – devices that can withstand harsh conditions and still perform all necessary tasks are a must-have. To fulfill the needs of people who require mobility, ergonomics and durability in a PC, Dell has revealed its new Latitude 7230 Rugged Extreme Tablet. It comes with Windows 11, 12th Gen Intel Core up to i7 processors and integrated Iris Xe graphics. The tablet’s new Wi-Fi 6E* capability and dual broadband support allow faster speeds while energy consumption has gone down.
Hiker captured through hole in ice formation
This tablet has many upgrades that enhance its reliability, including increased battery life, with dual hot-swap batteries for continuous operation of the device. A true 16:10 aspect ratio display now provides 13% more active screen area than previous generations. You’ll also be able to see critical data on that screen in direct sunlight, now with up to 1200 nits of brightness. Plus, glove-touch capability means you’ll be able to use the touchscreen with work gloves or when it’s too cold to be out with bare hands. In terms of toughness, the 7230 Rugged Extreme Tablet is tested to MIL-STD-810H specs, meaning it’s drop-tested from up to four feet and temperature-tested from -20 F to 145 F to withstand the most extreme conditions. It’s IP-65 rated for exceptional protection against dust, dirt and water ingress. For those who need to be prepared for the unexpected while knowing their devices are as secure as possible, this PC comes pre-installed with Dell’s TPM 2.0 ControlVault, a hardware-based advanced authentication tool that helps users secure and control data with integrated encryption. Additional security options are also available to help protect highly sensitive or confidential information, including an infrared camera for Microsoft Windows Hello-based facial recognition and touch fingerprint reader.
7230-Rugged-Extreme-crop-1024x552.jpg
With the new detachable keyboard with magnetic kickstand, you can quickly transition the tablet into a 2-in-1. The active pen offers another way to input information in fast-moving situations. Find out more about the 7230 Rugged Extreme Tablet at Dell.com. *Wi-Fi 6E compatible router required. Router requires a separate purchase. Wi-Fi 6E connectivity is only available in select countries. Check availability with your service provider.

Continue reading...

It's not a tablet in the purest form. It's a $1,000 Windows 10 thing a ma jig. I have a Windows 10 Acer switch for a while now. Granted it's flimsy compared to this but the layout is just the same. Windows 10 doesn't really work all that well in a tablet environment. It's a keyboard, mouse kind of operating system. Granted Microsoft has taken some stabs at trying to make Windows tablet friendly (vis a vis Windows 8's) but well we all know how that worked out.
Speaking of Microsoft, heard on the news this morning that they just launched a $4,300 USD Surface. Who the heck do they think they are, Apple? There will be a few "C" level execs buying them for prestige in Windows network based shops but will they actually use them? Where do you think I got all my systems from, these same guys toss them after a year.
Shaking my head folks, really.

Back