• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

No Mouse Or Keyboard Support In Recovery Boot

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

michaeld

Aug 20, 2019
On booting into recovery mode, I don't have mouse or keyboard support, so, therefore, can`t get to my recovery image file. The pc boots in UEFI mode which is greyed out so cannot change to legacy mode. This is on two different backup options so is not down to the backup software. Can you help me? Thank you.

Did you check with all the USB ports?
I would suggest you to try performing system repair using Windows 10 bootable DVD or USB drive and check if that helps.Initiating repair from CD/DVD may have different results. So, I would suggest to perform the repair again and check.

If you don’t have the bootable DVD or USB drive, please refer to the steps in the article given below to create one and then follow the steps given below.

Create installation media for Windows 10

Once you have made the bootable USB or DVD drive, please follow the steps.

Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 10 from it.

In the ‘Windows setup’ page, select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

You might also require to change the boot priority in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from CD/DVD.

Regards,
Rick Bale

Back