• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Portableapps.com

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Nice Little Site. How many people Use this site or software?

• Nice Site

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Use it?

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • software?

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Site Download of free little software

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

willco

Dec 5, 2019
_homepage_-_menu16.1.png

That's the first place I check when I need software. I have even converted several apps to the PortableApps format usually grabbing the files from the installer or if it's a standalone.

I have a few favorites from that site which is why I always have them in my toolbox for quick access on any system.
I don't use much outside of the utilities, but they can be a lifesaver or at least save you untold amounts of time performing diagnostics.

The site isn't that great yet the concept has created a tremendous freedom for Windows end users. Very good solution to all kinds of problems.

The site isn't that great yet the concept has created a tremendous freedom for Windows end users. Very good solution to all kinds of problems.
Port. apps. does what it was designed to do. What they present are time-savers and sometimes can bail you out of minor troubles.
If you want a heavy-duty no-nonsense swiss army knife that has the resources for the advanced user to repair and allow customization of just about any aspect of what may exist on your system. The big daddy of them all is MedicatUSB.
You can find their home page by clicking HERE.
Just be careful, this is the real deal and unless you are sure what you are doing you can toast your system. However, it's a darn good tool to learn about how to manipulate an operating system. If you want to learn, either set up a system you wouldn't mind trashing or install a let's call it a teaching drive. Install Windows (or whatever) and try the different tools in Medicat USB. I always thought this is the best way to learn, if you trash your teaching setup, no problem. Format the hard drive, reinstall the O/S and have at it again. In no time you may become a computing expert

Port. apps. does what it was designed to do. What they present are time-savers and sometimes can bail you out of minor troubles.
If you want a heavy-duty no-nonsense swiss army knife that has the resources for the advanced user to repair and allow customization of just about any aspect of what may exist on your system. The big daddy of them all is MedicatUSB.
You can find their home page by clicking HERE.
Just be careful, this is the real deal and unless you are sure what you are doing you can toast your system. However, it's a darn good tool to learn about how to manipulate an operating system. If you want to learn, either set up a system you wouldn't mind trashing or install a let's call it a teaching drive. Install Windows (or whatever) and try the different tools in Medicat USB. I always thought this is the best way to learn, if you trash your teaching setup, no problem. Format the hard drive, reinstall the O/S and have at it again. In no time you may become a computing expert
More Ventoy? It seems like Microsoft is trying to move past this generation but aren't still imaginatively crafty enough to yet slay it?

Back