• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

PrivadoVPN FAIL!!!!!!

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
Holy crap I was P2P a movie last night on a friend's Comcast line. I had PrivadoVPN (or at least I thought I did) enabled. 5 minutes after I completed the download they got a DMCA notice from Comcast! Well thank goodness I am not paying for that (cough-cough) service. I wouldn't waste my time with Privado or whatever they call themselves, their software must be leaky as all get out. Lesson learned.

I am finding out a curious thing about VPN clients and a/v software. They plain don't like each other. Whitelisting the client doesn't seem to mean boo to the a/v they just don't like what's going on. Granted it may look like a hijack, but whitelisting the VPN client should at least give it some idea of what is yet to come. I bitched to Webroot about this as my main VPN client now seems to upset Webroot. So the VPN provider says it's Webroot's problem, still waiting to see what Webroot has to say.

If someone is compiling a list of VPN experiences:
I've got AT&T for internet, got busted twice but got Surfshark VPN immediately after March 2019.
AV is Vipre Internet Security. No conflict
I download all day long on two computers running 24/7, never a hiccough now.

Is K9 free since it is discontinued?
K9 was acquired by Symantec and later they close the project. This is what big companies do to very good projects. They trash them...

This K9 program is still working... I use K9 Web protection since 2007.

Here is a cve of a vuln that i found CVE-2008-4515

Last edited:
K9 was acquired by Symantec and later they close the project. This is what big companies do very good projects. They trash them...

This K9 program is still working... I use K9 Web protection since 2007.

Here is a cve of a vuln that i found CVE-2008-4515
Thanks for the response.

Tom

Back