• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 10 scree flickering and fail to write

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

azmat_capricorn

Mar 28, 2020
Dear All,
I have windows 10, My laptop screen always flickering. If I try to write anything in google or in search bar it erased by itself and i cannot write a single word. Need your support

Dear All,
I have windows 10, My laptop screen always flickering. If I try to write anything in google or in search bar it erased by itself and i cannot write a single word. Need your support

Hi,

I had this problem before, you need to disable touch screen drivers.

How to disable touch screen feature on Windows 10​

To disable the touch screen on Windows 10, use these steps:

1. Open Start.
  2. Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the app.
  3. Expand the Human Interface Devices branch.
  4. Right-click the HID-compliant touch screen item, and select the Disable device option.
    1631344492139.png
  5. Click the Yes button.
Once you complete the steps, the screen will no longer respond to touch gestures.

If that doesn't work, may be a virus.
I tried with Avast but not detected any threat. I am unable to write. If I open window explorer then I can’t navigate to any where, if I tried to open something else then it navigates to main page only, even though not able to type any where.

Try booting in safe mode then disable touch screen.
Could be damage to the keyboard as well. Did you happen to spill anything on your keyboard or otherwise harm it?
If that's the cause you are going to have to open the case and disconnect the keyboard.
Most laptops I have worked on had a touchpad disable keyboard key or once in a while a switch, might want to check your owner's manual for more info. I would definitely try that before digging into the keyboard. If you have to split the case, check out ifixit. They have some great videos that are brand/model specific to guide you through a keyboard repair.

If that doesn't work, may be a virus.

Dear All,
I have windows 10, My laptop screen always flickering. If I try to write anything in google or in search bar it erased by itself and i cannot write a single word.

Dear All,
Have you try typing in notepad? Or might be your browser needs some update.

Back