• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Some Great Deals on Not Officially Upgradable Laptops

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
Dell has really lowered the prices on laptops not "officially" upgradable to Windows 11 as the Win 10 EOL gets closer. Most of these systems have plenty of horsepower to run 11, just lacking latest TPM. Dell Latitudes are tough as nails so for a couple of hundred bucks or so for an 8th gen CPU is a steal. Add a new battery if needed for 50 bucks or less and you have a road warrior that can handle just about any common tasks for some time to come.

Dell has really lowered the prices on laptops not "officially" upgradable to Windows 11 as the Win 10 EOL gets closer. Most of these systems have plenty of horsepower to run 11, just lacking latest TPM. Dell Latitudes are tough as nails so for a couple of hundred bucks or so for an 8th gen CPU is a steal. Add a new battery if needed for 50 bucks or less and you have a road warrior that can handle just about any common tasks for some time to come.
I just bought 10 Dell Inspiron 3511 for work, i love them, what i dont like is ethernet port is missing :(

I just bought 10 Dell Inspiron 3511 for work, i love them, what i dont like is ethernet port is missing :(
TP-Link sells a really good USB Ethernet adaptor. Very compact, cheap and works well. I looked at EBay earlier and they are selling non- WIn 11 upgradable A grade factory refurbed i7 latitudes for insanely cheap.
The big question becomes, "Why is it necessary for my system to be equipped with TPM 2.0?". Well here's an article from PC World in case you are interested.
Click this link: PC World
Personally I don't mind using the hack to get me past having no TPM 2.0 and loading Win 11. In case you haven't noticed, outside of gaming and possibly video editing, there really isn't the need for much more power than the current few year's CPU have offered making the need for upgrading every couple of years questionable. So is this move more a planned obsolescence in colusion with the hardware manufacturers to create a need for hardware replacement? I'll let you make up your mind and your application needs to answer that question.

Back