• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Tell Me Some Insanely Great App (for Windows) That I Can't Possibly Live Without.

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Xplorer 2
ExpressVPN--I had Surfshark for years, went downhill when Nord took over. I have home network Win10-Win7-Win11. SS constantly lost network connection. ExpressVPN never does, whether I log off on or.
AnyTXT Searcher. I use UltraSearch too but it's mostly file names. AnyTXT can find keywords within files, and display preview in pop up.
SnagIt screencapture-- lots of annotation features; does OCR on text image
DTSearch--the BEST searcher for folders you put into library. Full page previews
ABBYY Finereader--best results on convert PDF to Word
Calibre--- import Kindle DRM, removes DRM and can convert format to others. I hate epub; always convert to .docx.
Atomic Alarm Clock-- set reminders to pop up with sound files alarms
IDM forever!
Bigasoft Video converter-- some sites give .ts format which doesn't scrub easily. I convert to mp4
Mailstore Home Portable---monthly archiving of my emails, keep 'em for years for quick reminders and lost info
Treesize Pro--makes variety of charts showing what is filling up your drives. let me find hyberfil.sys and delete it saving 12 gigs!
Classic Shell-- F' the eye candy of Win 7, 10, 11 ! I like organizing my Start Menu MY WAY!
Keylaunch---when you have dozens if not a hundred programs, utilities, type a few letters and snap! pops up list to launch.

There are probably untold numbers of programs that are awesome, I never heard of, and can't live without.
Freebies and available on torrents please. Torrents preferred, no links to cracked downloads, the wrong people will get mad.
What is a reputable torrent website to download programs from?

Revo is awesome
Winrar most definitely
CCleaner is a great cleaner
Nitro Pro for PDF
WinPE Strelec
AVAST Premium or Malwarebytes when it comes to Anti-Viruses.
Oh and Thumper you are amazing thanks for everything you do and all of your contributions much love to you
Nitro Pro is the best

1337x. It's been a little wonky lately, so have many cloudflare protected sites. You can trust the torrents posted there. 1337x also has partner sites listed.

I almost exclusively get my apps from TeamOS. It's a private torrent site but doesn't restrict new signups. Although, you do have to keep a ratio of at least 1:1. The site is geared towards operating systems but you'll find just about any app you can think of. I haven't had any issues with malware in the over two years I've been using the site but I choose not to download any files from newer users or files that are not on a torrent but instead stored on a file hosting site.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are probably untold numbers of programs that are awesome, I never heard of, and can't live without.
Freebies and available on torrents please. Torrents preferred, no links to cracked downloads, the wrong people will get mad.
There are about 450 free open source programs at PortableApps.com which are best used with their platform and they can be run from a flashdrive.

Back