• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

The best free video editing software in 2021

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Hey, I just stumbled across this old post and wanted to give my two cents on the best free video editing software in 2021 (even though we're already in 2023, yikes!). I personally love using DaVinci Resolve and HitFilm Express for my projects. They're both user-friendly and offer a wide range of features for a free software. However, if you're looking to upgrade to more advanced software, I highly recommend checking out Adobe Premier or Final Cut Pro. Also, if any of you are looking to land a job as a video editor, I found this helpful website with some video editor interview questions: https://vidpros.com/video-editor-interview-questions/. It's always good to prepare for interviews, am I right? Anyways, I'm new to this forum and excited to join the video editing community.

Last edited:
hey Courtney, i use davinci too, actually you can buy a premium version of it, but vanilla davinci resolve works for me perfectly fine

I for some reason keep Wondershare installed on my systems. It's easy and never seems to mess up. I really wish it had more options although the defaults end up working pretty well. Someday I'll grow up and move to something more sophisticated but if all you need is what Wondershare has to offer, it's not a bad choice.

Back