• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

The Best Media Player

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
For decades I have been extolling the virtues of VLC. Lately it seems to be a bit buggy, hopefully just a current glitch. I have no idea what people are using for video conversion these days, .mkv seems to be the current trendy thing to release. Back in the day the real artists used Pegasus encoder which was tedious as all get out and I suspect current encoding software is causing some of the problems. Dropping frames to compress causes key frames to no longer be correct or be deleted. That may be the issue.
Anyway what are you using? I am ashamed to say it’s Microsoft codec pack with their player. Better picture quality and doesn’t hang like VLC.
What are you using at the moment? Free or paid, that’s not the issue.

EDIT:
So the more I think about it, there may be a security issue or to be more specific and exploit that's available to slightly incorrect videos. VLC has bee the "it will play anything player" for decades so it seems odd now it has problems

Last edited:
For decades I have been extolling the virtues of VLC. Lately it seems to be a bit buggy, hopefully just a current glitch. I have no idea what people are using for video conversion these days, .mkv seems to be the current trendy thing to release. Back in the day the real artists used Pegasus encoder which was tedious as all get out and I suspect current encoding software is causing some of the problems. Dropping frames to compress causes key frames to no longer be correct or be deleted. That may be the issue.
Anyway what are you using? I am ashamed to say it’s Microsoft codec pack with their player. Better picture quality and doesn’t hang like VLC.
What are you using at the moment? Free or paid, that’s not the issue.
Hi,

I'm using VLC, today i noticed that some videos format has glitch (I have version of VLC)

I'm using VLC to watch tv in Windows and on Android without any major issue. The only problem is sometimes the tv channels switches or VLC crashes.

Hacxx Free IPTV - Get access to more than 10000+ publicly available IPTV channels

Watch Online: (Open this link with VLC Player or Kodi)
Code:
LINK REMOVED

How to:
1 - Download VLC Player or install Kodi
2 - Open the link above as a stream

Screenshot-20210110-023213.png

Screenshot-20210110-023127.png

LINK REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using VLC to watch tv in Windows and on Android without any major issue. The only problem is sometimes the tv channels switches or VLC crashes.

Hacxx Free IPTV - Get access to more than 10000+ publicly available IPTV channels

Watch Online: (Open this link with VLC Player or Kodi)
Code:
http://bit.ly/Hacxx-Free-IPTV

How to:
1 - Download VLC Player or install Kodi
2 - Open the link above as a stream

Screenshot-20210110-023213.png

Screenshot-20210110-023127.png
Be aware these are primarily Turkish channels. You need to be a little careful when entering into territory like this. Watch what links you click and be aware not everyone is your friend. I am not saying don't check it out, just be aware. I wouldn't use a system to surf there that you use for work or school. Otherwise have fun, it's something I am sure not all the members have experienced.

I use KMPlayer for all for years. Just prohibit it from going online and no problem. Swallow everything.

I use KMPlayer for all for years. Just prohibit it from going online and no problem. Swallow everything.
OK Thanks. I forgot all about this player. They say the ads are gone now so no worries? I'll give it a try. I should confess I loaded the Microsoft HEVC extensions and it's working better than everything else at the moment.

It is beautiful player but you must forbid it to go online even while installing it as after. Firewall it and you will be fine. I use it for years for everything.

Simply use older versions of VLC or K-Lite Codec pack.
Just for the record, codecs are not the more the better thing to have loaded. Every time you try and play compressed multimedia windows go down the list of every codec you have loaded before it makes up it's mind. That might be a throwback to the P3 days when that took some time but it's still true. What I settled on is HEVC plug in and LAV filters which are really splitters, not genuine codecs but they are a little more fault tolerant and use less resource.
When I started this thread I didn't mean to bad mouth VLC, I was just questioning some freezing problems I had with the current version at the time. I will say I get better quality from the HEVC plug in than I do from VLC on my 55" home theater at the present time.

I've never experienced performance problems (lag, or conflict) with K-Lite Codec pack. I agree with you in theory that it could be better to install the Codecs one at a time as needed, but in reality this is unusual. I only suggested K-Lite because IMO it is a good alternative for people who don't like VLC. On the other hand I am using such an old version of K-Lite (10.0) that I realize it might be an irresponsible suggestion on my part.

I've never experienced performance problems (lag, or conflict) with K-Lite Codec pack. I agree with you in theory that it could be better to install the Codecs one at a time as needed, but in reality this is unusual
You are probably correct. Look at my handle, I go a long way back before DivX hit the scene. CPU cycles were precious back then. But I will agree the fewer codecs you have install the fewer problem you are likely to encounter. My point was don't load up on codecs that you will never need. mp4 and MPEG-2 if you still watch DVDs are more than enough. Something like HEVC should cover just about anything encoded in H.265 you download.
But then again that's why VLC spoils you, it uses a splitter to play just about everything.

Be aware these are primarily Turkish channels. You need to be a little careful when entering into territory like this. Watch what links you click and be aware not everyone is your friend. I am not saying don't check it out, just be aware. I wouldn't use a system to surf there that you use for work or school. Otherwise have fun, it's something I am sure not all the members have experienced.
Code:
http://bit.ly/Hacxx-Free-IPTV

The link is good, it's not primarily Turkish, aside the link is been advertised on turkish sites. It contains +10000 channels and i normally watch CZ, HU music channels there.

Back