• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Top 10 Free Antivirus Software for PC

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

rishtran

Feb 17, 2021

Antivirus software is an indispensable tool on your computer when there are so many sophisticated types of viruses that can spread at a breakneck speed and easily encrypt computer data. Many companies currently provide free and copyrighted antivirus software, so you are wondering which software to choose?​

It would help if you had antivirus software to protect your computer against dangers from Internet threats such as viruses, keylog, spyware, … Currently, there are many free and paid antivirus software. Different types of vendors make it difficult to choose the right virus software.

In this article, Ticswipe.com will synthesize the best free antivirus software to download today for your computer.

What is a computer virus?

In computer science, computer viruses (often referred to as viruses or viruses for short) are programs or scripts designed to replicate and copy themselves into other infected objects (files, drives, computers…).

In the past, viruses were created for defiance of hacker mischief. In recent times, viruses have been used for bad purposes such as rating and retrieving personal information, bank accounts…

Top 10 Free Antivirus Software​

To avoid and limit viruses from entering your computer, you should equip your Windows computer with the free antivirus software download used by many people. This article will summarize the free antivirus tools and software available on the Internet that you can reference.

Choose software that suits your needs and do not forget to leave your comments about the best antivirus software that you are most satisfied with at the bottom of the article!

Avast Free Antivirus

free antivirus software avast - Ticswipe.com

Avast Free Antivirus is a product from the manufacturer of Avast – an expert in the field of software and the world’s leading security application. Avast Free Antivirus is a free antivirus that has received hundreds of awards and honors for its protection quality and effectiveness.

However, the biggest award that Avast Free Antivirus achieved is the milestone of 435 million users. Avast Free Antivirus is free antivirus software, but Avast Free Antivirus not only focuses on optimal protection, but it is also optimized not to slow down your computer during use. This is the factor that many users love the most.

AVG Free Antivirus

free antivirus software avg - Ticswipe.com

On top of the best antivirus software for your computer, the name AVG AntiVirus Free is indispensable. AVG AntiVirus Free uses the same malware scanning technology, scans files and memory for known malware, and looks for a malware attack’s initial signs. It has large-scale protection and is customizable, can block malicious websites, and includes a file shredder.

Avira Free Antivirus

free antivirus software avira - Ticswipe.com

Ranked as one of the best antivirus software available today, Avira prides itself on exceptional detection capabilities and dangerous blocking rates. Offers the best in fast scanning, anti-malware protection, anti-spyware protection, browser protection and cloud-based scanning.

Avira Free Antivirus is one of the best free antivirus software for your PC, consistently scoring high in AV-TEST’s rigorous testing program, removing 99.7% of tested threats. and in general, it does not burden the system hardware. Avira Free Security takes free protection to the next level, offering VPNs, password management, ad blocking and more.

However, Avira also has a few shortcomings that are not friendly interface and slow installation than other free Antivirus software.

See more: https://ticswipe.com/top-10-free-antivirus-software-for-pc

Thanks for the post. I am curious why Windows Security wasn't mentioned, many professionals think it's as good or better as any of the free offerings. Check the forums out at Bleeping Computer.
Just keep in mind the best defense is a good offense, your brain is probably the best free antivirus out there as well. I am a huge fan of uBlock Orgin, if it can't get in in the first place all the better.
Honestly I rely on Webroot paid edition. It's lightweight and like Windows Security, doesn't bug the crap out of you to buy all kinds of things they want to sell you like the free offerings you reviewed. I call them nagware.

Emsisoft offers a free, 30 day trial and while it's not totally 'free', dollar for dollar, it's the best I've ever used. It doesn't slow the system down, doesn't have quirks, works seamlessly and does the job it's supposed to do without my having to do anything for the most part. I've tried them all and keep going back to it, and have been using Emsisoft now for oh...10 years.

Back