• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Trying to build a custom ISO without internet components

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

dunnetahl

Sep 12, 2023
On Saturday I used this guide:

to create a custom ISO without a bunch of the bloatware in windows 11 that I didn't want. It mostly worked but I removed a few too many components and broke some functionality I needed so I was trying to take another crack at it Monday and the uupdump.net site has been down. I have tried downloading several other ISOs and even used the suggestion here:

to access uupdump.net through a local host and download an ISO that way, which seemed identical to how I did it on Saturday but every other ISO since the one I got on Saturday, then I get to step 11 in the Using MSMG Toolkit to Slim Down Windows 11 section, all the windows components have an * and cannot be marked for removal.

I can't seem to figure out what I might be doing wrong here, I'm going to try some of the uupdump mirrors people have suggested but the only other thing I can think that is different is that I am using Windows 11 now instead of Windows 10. Not sure if that would affect the MSMG Toolkit in some way.

Any suggestions anyone might have would be helpful. Thanks.

I am not familiar with that software. Anything you can share with your fellow members would be appreciated, at least I am sure I would. Thanks.

I am not familiar with that software. Anything you can share with your fellow members would be appreciated, at least I am sure I would. Thanks.
Thanks for the reply. I don't know anything about the software other than following the guide to a T and it working when uupdump.net was up but now I've tried downloading ISOs through the localhost and through https://www.uupdump.cn/ and through https://www.uup.ee/ and all of those ISOs * on the internet components trying to remove them with the MSMG tool.

I have even tried re-installing Windows 10 just like I was using when it worked.

At this point I'm not really sure what to try. I have no explanation for why the toolkit allowed me to remove the internet components with the ISO downloaded directly from uupdump.net but not through any of these other avenues.

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone has. Thanks.

Back