• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 10 upgrade primary HDD find windows key

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Digital License is stored by MS - OEM in BIOS is activated by OEM. and to the best of my knowledge as stated by MS the KEY is tied to the motherboard. and OEM (Per Dell and HP) is also tied to the mobo. so unless you have a Mulit Activation Key (Retail) or (MAK) or GVLK which is Activated by a KMS Server such as (College or Large Business). My Windows 10 Pro (DVD Retail iso) 9/07/2017 still installs then auto updates and Activates and this is my 3rd Home Built Custom Computer. I also use VAMT3.1 (ADK) to verify and check the KEYs Per Microsoft.

I heard that you cannot use 1 windows activation key twice, so you have to pay money again to use the licensed version of Windows. Of course, you can try to contact Microsoft and tell them about the problem, but I don't think they can help you. To save money on your purchase, I advise you to buy a key here [REMOVED for Spamming] I myself bought my Windows activation key from a third-party site and have not encountered any problems.
Well sorry to break it to you but you can only use a non-VLC on one system at a time. As I already mentioned you used to have to make a phone call, and tell them you changed a part and you changed what the validation algorithm uses to compute the number.
Honestly, these "sales" used to be OEM royalty keys, that is manufacturers were issued a bunch of keys and would pay Microsoft as used, this was an honor system audited by M/S from time to time. Using these keys are a crap shoot, some have already been blacklisted. Keep in mind they were stolen from OEMs. You are better off sticking to KMS.
Thanks jesicacraddock, we always appreciate members join us for the sole purpose of spamming the forum. If I had a dog I'd have it take a crap on your lawn.

Last edited:
I've had good luck using Partition Assistant to migrate Windows From HDDs to SSDs. The Windows OS remains activated when you do it this way and you don't lose any files or settings.

Back