What's new

What's Your Favorite File Viewing/Management program?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 95.0.4638.69
I am ashamed to admit I rely way to heavily on Windows Explorer. I know there are far better alternatives available.
What's your go to program? What's your favorite program for specific file tasks. Passionate about a program?
Please share your thoughts with the board, I know I would like to know.

Nov 2, 2021
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 95.0.4638.69
I personally modified my file explorer on Windows 11 using some tweaking tools to look like Windows 7. Sadly it did break the search, but I do use a program called "Everything" which searches way faster and better than Windows does...

Modded-Explorer.png
[/url]

philalethes

Donator
Jul 1, 2020
OS
Windows 7
BR
Firefox 76.0
I find Xplorer2 is the best file management. I love having dual pane view and can have multiple bookmarks for window presets.
It has built in Copy/Move that will preserve file dates as original, windows have history tabs, you can make preset commands, filter items, and plenty more!Xplorer2.jpg
Works well on win 7 & 10. Best advice don't try to use crack version but portable, never fails and no license popups.
Everything is OK but it doesn't show context within the file. No Preview.
For that on Win 7 (which I will use long as possible!) I still run old crack of Copernic Corporate which indexes everything automatically including emails (if you configure for that).Copernic.jpg
The best data-mining is DTSearch, but it only works on folders ("indices") you set up; and you have to do manual update periodically of each index as you add new files. I've had it for years and it still notifies me of updates with no questions asked!DTSearch.jpgCracking.jpg

DH-Usenet

Nov 19, 2021
OS
Windows 10
BR
Firefox 94.0
Hi, newbie here. My favorite file-searcher is Everything (freeware). My favorite file manager is Unreal Commander (freeware). My favorite file-viewer is Quick View Plus ($$).

DH-Usenet
"Raise Cats — Not Kids!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors