• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

When running setup.exe giving error message "The program can't start because MSVCRIOO.dll." MICROSOFT Office PRO Plus 2016 v16.0.4266.1003 RTM

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

HARKEET

Sep 26, 2022
When running Setup.exe giving error message,
" The program can't start because MSVCRIOO.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." for
MICROSOFT Office PRO Plus 2016 v16.0.4266.1003 RTM + Activator.

I MSVCRIOO.dll is available at C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64

1664174358614.png

1664174466545.png

and when i am trying to delete msvcr100.dll and install the new msvcr100.dll file as it is a old file then getting this message

1664174624360.png

Please help me resolve this issue.

Regards,
Harkeet.

It sounds like a file, not necessarily the file in question. I would first uninstall with a 3rd party uninstaller. I use Revo. Then I would delete the office install files and extract them again and reinstall them after excluding them from your antivirus. Only if you trust the source. If that doesn't work use an app like move on boot to delete that .dll file as you are booting your machine.

In the past when I experienced this I just did a Google search for the .dll file then download it AND PUT IT IN THE .DLL FOLDER usually was an easy fix for me :)

Last edited:
I did have a missing .dll one time and even replacing it with the proper.dll didn't fix the problem.

Back