• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Will unsupported hardware with Windows 11 get 22H2 update?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Varjak Paw

May 12, 2018
Hi,

I'm just wondering, does anybody here with unsupported hardware and Windows 11 installed,
received (and installed) the 22H2 update?

I do know there are other methodes to update as well, but I want to know it goes as well via their update system or not.

I believe the answer is yes, once Windows 11 is installed with No TPM it should update normally as once installed it does not check if windows 11 is compatible anymore so updates should work. ANY OTHER OPINIONS HERE?

Hi Talaba,
Thanks for your reply. The question was basically if unsupported hardware gets the update to 22H2.
Your screenshot shows 21H2. Did you get the update already?

I believe the answer is yes, once Windows 11 is installed with No TPM it should update normally as once installed it does not check if windows 11 is compatible anymore so updates should work. ANY OTHER OPINIONS HERE?
No nothing of the hardware side but the games side does have a problem, one notably is the Truck Simulator.

OldGeek

Have you tried to un-install and re-install video card SOFT as I have seen some like AMD and Nvidia whereas for what ever reason when I do this it fixed LAG and slowness. I assume this is what you mean when you referred to the Truck Sim game, also I notice in Windows 11 I actually Used Iobit Advanced System Care along with IObit Driver Booster That solved this right away after driver booster updated all drivers. Like my AMD Graphics if I allow it to update from the original install it get weird so keep an eye on the video and how it performs after a driver update if it is better keep the version otherwise you can roll back the driver in Driver Booster

Hope this helps

perhaps that can be discussed in a new thread.

please, lets focus in here if not supported hardware gets 22H2 or not.

Hi Talaba,
Thanks for your reply. The question was basically if unsupported hardware gets the update to 22H2.
Your screenshot shows 21H2. Did you get the update already?
Yes picture show you Win 11 installed 6/30/2021. Update I got few days ago. No problem at all. It is old comp good for YouTube and some Internet.... :cool: ;):)
I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't asked. Nor do I keep track of what versions of Windows they are.

Last edited:
Im still abit curious, can you make new screenshots again, same as above?
These seems from Tuesday 12 October 2021 and the left picture shows it is updated to 21H2.

Everybody got updates, however the question is, do we get the "big" 22H2 update?
If it shows 22H2 indeed, that would be fantastic news! :)

Last edited:
Sorry my mistake. :(:confused::eek: In that case I need upgrade my Windows 11 to 22H2 and I return with the result. Because you get update for 21H2 you will not get notification to update whole OS on the newer version. That's how it's always been, except when support for a particular version ends. I think.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Never mind Talaba, good to know someone is looking with me! :)

From what I understand MS is rolling out this 22H2 slowly to several machines. My friend has an official W11 laptop and didn't get the update yet.
So I'm excited to know if this update is only for officially supported hardware or also for the unofficial hardware. We just can wait and see I'm afraid for. Thanks for keeping an eye on it ;)

I just installing (upgrading 21H2 ) Win 11 22H2 6% by now on SSD well 9%, 14%,17% 19% 22% 37% 58% 63% c'mon 65% 87% and at last restart in a few moments. RESTARTING. Working on updates 4% 27% 32% 62% 70% 74% ....... Please keep your computer on. 85% 89% 92% 96% Restarting. Hi Getting things ready, a few minutes At last Desktop. Well we will see if I get update due time. Well you can install them manually in the worst scenario.
2022-09-29 15_31_41-2022-09-29 15_22_37-Settings - Windows Photo Viewer.png

Last edited:
I just installing (upgrading 21H2 ) Win 11 22H2 6% by now on SSD well 9%, 14%,17% 19% 22% 37% 58% 63% c'mon 65% 87% and at last restart in a few moments. RESTARTING. Working on updates 4% 27% 32% 62% 70% 74% ....... Please keep your computer on. 85% 89% 92% 96% Restarting. Hi Getting things ready, a few minutes At last Desktop. Well we will see if I get update due time. Well you can install them manually in the worst scenario.
View attachment 5833
Talaba just noticed this, you might want to munge your device ID before you post screen shots like this. Peeps used to post their MAC IDs on here as well, another no-no. It’s worse that someone getting the license number off your car. Some things aren’t anybody’s business and best left to yourself.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully they will keep on doing this. (With this economical situation now, it is not good for MS demanding new hardware for updates). Lucky they haven't done so.
Btw, I forced the update to 22H2. After a reboot I got a login screen from a big company. Formatted the whole hd-drive and installed a clean W10, just to find the same login screen.
Seems that this company registered the laptop to Microsoft AutoPilot Project. They can remotely do everything they want with it. Now on the way to get it de-registered from that 'feature'.
This is an quite new phenomenon, that buyers should be aware of getting a refurbished Windows laptop.

Last edited:
Seems that this company registered the laptop to Microsoft AutoPilot Project. They can remotely do everything they want with it. Now on the way to get it de-registered from that 'feature'.
This is an quite new phenomenon, that buyers should be aware of getting a refurbished Windows laptop.
That's kind of scary. I wonder how your system is being ID'ed particularly since you did a wipe and clean install. It almost seems you are the victim of a privacy breach. It's has to be either your MAC (which you can easily disguise or alter), some type of info embedded into your Windows license (Now we are talking privacy violation) or something even more sinister. There isn't some setting in the BIOS maybe vaguely worded about some tracking or anti-theft setting is there? Even the Apple tracking stuff which they disclose is beaten easily enough but this is really messed up.
I am going o have to hunt around and find out what gives. The fact that Microsoft knows who you are has more ramifications other than the companies home page appearing on your browser after a clean install.
When you say clean install I hope you mean you downloaded a generic ISO directly from Microsoft and that's what you installed rather than relying on something that existed on the system when you bought it.

Back