• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Will unsupported hardware with Windows 11 get 22H2 update?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

I installed a clean copy of Windows, created with the creation tool from another clean computer. So that can't be an issue.

There is lots of information to find about. It is basically like a big company buys a certain amount of laptops. They get all the serial numbers from them and register the laptops for that ms autopilot program. The laptop will be send directly to the employees home.
When the employee connects it to the internet, a companies image will be directly loaded and installed without their IT or employee has to do anything.
So they can take care of the software/virusses/updates/safety of their data e.g.

The only thing is, once the laptops are sold to a refurbisher or given to an employee, the autopilot program should be deactivated. It should be done by the IT desk of that company, but sometimes they do not know also which laptops were sold. As long as they do not send a command to your laptop, there is no problem.

Autopilot is stored in a non accessible part of the Bios. So it looks like the bios is fully accessible, that part is not.
There are three options to overcome this;
1. let the refubisher (or yourself) contact the IT desk of that company, tell the story and ask them to remove your laptop (they need the serial number) from the Tenants list (delete the laptop from intune azure and autopilot)
2. MS can help as well, if you prove you own the laptop.
3. replace the motherboard
4. upgrade the computer to Linux, which is not affected. /s

Not to mention the CompuTrace shit on Lenovo's......

Last edited:
So from what you are saying, your system is treated like a thin client except it is a stand-alone on the net? Wow!
BTW, Everything is accessible in the BIOS with the right tool, everything. It's a matter of knowing what you are looking for, otherwise you risk brick city. In your case the setting of a bit or two should do the trick. Mind if I ask the make/model of your laptop?

Well I don't like laptops luckily I never need them only desktop. :cool: :) :cool:
I'll bet you that I have a sorta laptop aka portable workstation that is the equal of your desktop. granted it cost a bundle when it was new but it kicks butt.

I'll bet you that I have a sorta laptop aka portable workstation that is the equal of your desktop. granted it cost a bundle when it was new but it kicks butt.
I didn't mean that. I meant portability. The laptop is small, small screen, no mouse, small keyboard. I like to hear how the processor works. :cool: ;) :cool: :)
2022-10-05 18_43_12-Window.png

Back