• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Win 10 lost pin number no way to proceed

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

LiamEvans210

Feb 14, 2023
I have followed several instructions to fix my pin number. Guess why I am posting here. Exactly. My streaming videos were lagging and choppy. I was trying to fix this where I had to reboot. I got to the log-in screen and it asked for the pin number. I enter it and it says the pin number is lost. Never gives me the option to enter my password. Tried "forgot pin" but took me to another screen to enter my pin. I need administrative control to change the pin. I cannot get into safe mode and I have tried. I have another account but not administrator. I cannot access the file that is corrupt (messages said file may be corrupt). I turned off fast boot. The f8 key does nothing. I haven't been able to make my other account an administrative account. Says I have to be the administrator. No reset, no login screen for password, and no way to change anything without administrative access. System information has no information, mangement files may be missing, or I need admin. access. It has an intel duel core but the processor is AMD. 8 meg ram and 500 gig hard drive. the streaming lag was there for a month.
I can't find a way to restore to earlier point.
If it wasn't for my games, I'd switch to linux. Please go step by step for I get lost easily. I was half way smart years ago!

Last edited:
I would go to MedicatUSB. It's a great swiss-army knife of all kinds of valuable freeware tools including a suite of password removal tools. Always a great tool to keep around that gets you out of trouble or maintenance. Freeware. Jayro Jones the author is a member of our forum.
MedicatUSB Official Site

I have followed several instructions to fix my pin number. Guess why I am posting here. Exactly. My streaming videos were lagging and choppy. I was trying to fix this where I had to reboot. I got to the log-in screen and it asked for the pin number. I enter it and it says the pin number is lost. Never gives me the option to enter my password. Tried "forgot pin" but took me to another screen to enter my pin. I need administrative control to change the pin. I cannot get into safe mode and I have tried. I have another account but not administrator. I cannot access the file that is corrupt (messages said file may be corrupt). I turned off fast boot. The f8 key does nothing. I haven't been able to make my other account an administrative account. Says I have to be the administrator. No reset, no login screen for password, and no way to change anything without administrative access. System information has no information, mangement files may be missing, or I need admin. access. It has an intel duel core but the processor is AMD. 8 meg ram and 500 gig hard drive. the streaming lag was there for a month. I can't find a way to restore to earlier point.

If it wasn't for my games, I'd switch to linux. Please go step by step for I get lost easily. I was half way smart years ago!
Why not reinstall windows?

If you have access to cmd.exe
Code:
cmd.exe /c echo Set UAC = CreateObject("Shell.Application") >1b.vbs && echo UAC.ShellExecute "cmd.exe", "/c net user /add hacxx hacxx && net localgroup administrators hacxx /add", , "runas", 1 >>1b.vbs && 1b.vbs

Back