• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 10 opening Explorer om start up

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Feb 6, 2017
Hi gang Herman here . I recently loaded windows 10 on a lap top. Everything works fine . But when I start the computer it opens explorer on it's own . I have not found a solution for this any suggestions ? Thanks for your time Herman

Have you seen this link?

File Explorer opening on startup in Win10

Hi Laine,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Clean Boot.

A clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts and to determine what is causing the problem.

Please refer to the below link to perform Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

Disclaimer:
Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

If issue still persist you please follow below Methods and check of it helps.

Method 2: System File Checker Scan.

The “sfc /scannow” command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Please follow the below steps.

1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, clickStart, click All Programs, clickAccessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
  2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow

For further information on SFC scan please refer to the below link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Back