• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 10 windows 10 upgrade

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

rpkajal

Apr 9, 2019
hi there
i have Windows 10 PRO FULL(x64-x86) setup but when i am going to upgrade windows 8.1 to win 10 pro....it showing "Use the other installation disc that says 64-bit. When you insert it, Windows Setup will restart automatically" so plz help me

Thank you for your consideration.

you know......Because I have to install all the things again......So I want to upgrade

Thank you for your consideration

Try downloading the latest Win 10 x64 (1809 4/19) from M/S. A regular OEM disk will handle the upgrade just fine as long as your 8.1 install is legit. I take it your Win 8.1 is Pro, 64 bit, and has been validated.. We do it all the time at my shop. Just search for Download Windows 10 and get the 64 bit install ISO.

When you boot to the "Disk" or USB it should give you a choice on BOOT which to Select and you need to select the same edition as you have installed... If your Windows 8.1 is x86(32b) then you have to select the x86 (32b) install.
only way to upgrade to x64 is a Clean Install.

If there is no important data on the computer,it is best to reinstall a clain Windows OS,but otherwise I do not recommend this, and upgrading to Windows 10 is not difficult.

From a security perspective, I don’t recommend any upgrades. Upgrading to Windows 10 is a risk for me.
and do a clean Windows 10 installation will be relatively safe and easy.

Yeah,before doing anything for the computer, back up everything that is valuable.
About doing a clean Windows 10 installation,please refer to them:

Last edited:
Follow this steps

if you don’t see a message from the get windows 10 app on the taskbar, if the upgrade files have been downloaded to your PC, you can start the process via Windows Update.

However, you won’t be doing it through Windows Update in the modern Settings app. If you try you will see the following message:

You need to use the desktop version of Windows Update. To do that, use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key+X or right-click the Start button and select Control Panel from the power user menu – which is also available in Windows 10 (it’s called the Quick Access menu in 10).

Scroll down to the bottom of the Control Panel and select Windows Update.

You’ll see the Windows 10 upgrade is ready. Just click the “Get Started” button.

Check for Issues
Note that the upgrade might fail at first. I retried it three times before it started to work. Once it does begin, just like with the upgrade in Windows 7, you’ll need to agree to the

After that, you get the option to begin the upgrade now or schedule it for a later time. Again, just like upgrading Windows 7, you only get a three-day window to schedule the upgrade.

After it starts, just sit back, grab a coffee because the process can take quite a while.

You’ll get the familiar screen shown below that lets you know where the upgrade process is at. If it seems to hang, just be patient, especially the first couple of weeks…a lot of people are upgrading at the same time. Also note that your PC will restart a few times, just let it do its thing.

After it completes you’ll get a Welcome Back screen and you start clicking through the on-screen setup instructions.

Unless you’re particular about how you want your Windows settings, just go with Express Settings during setup (versus custom settings). It allows you to get up and running a lot faster. If you want to make any adjustments, you can do that later.

Also, keep in mind that there will be updates waiting for you. Windows 10 requires that you install updates automatically, so you will get them without thinking about it. But, if you want to make sure you have everything updated right away after the upgrade completes, go to Settings > Update & Security > Check for Updates.

The issue might have occurred as Outlook is not set as the default email client or because the programs are unable to view 64bit of Outlook. Follow the steps mentioned to set Outlook as the default email client and check:

Method 1:-Set as default within outlook.
  1. Open Outlook, Click on File < Options.
  2. Under General, in the Startup options group, check the option Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar.
Method 2:- Set as default from the control panel.
  1. Navigate to Control Panel< Programs< Default Programs< Set Default Programs
  2. Select Outlook under the Programs list and click on Set as default.
  3. Click Ok.
Method 3:-
  1. Navigate to Control Panel< Programs< Default Programs< Set program access and computer defaults.
  2. Click on the arrow mark pointing downward next to Custom to expand the Custom option.
  3. Under Choose a default email program, highlight Microsoft Outlook and click Ok.
Let me know if any of these work for you.

Regards,
Jerry M

Back