• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows Occupy Space as there is no files

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

desdos20

Mar 10, 2020
Hello I would to ask that why is so that the drive occupies space as there is nothing in the drive, I checked diskcleanup there was nothing any data to clear. Beside this windows occupy space which is shown in the pictures. Please help me to fix this problem and suggest recommended software to resolve this issue.2.PNG

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    2.1 KB · Views: 7
Do you have show hidden files and operating system files checked in windows explorer? There is always some overhead for the file allocation table.
So is this "J" a partition of a larger drive? I appear so. If we saw a screenshot of the entire drive it may help.
You can also try running WinDirStat and see if that reveals anything.
I should ask what OS are you running and 32 or 64 bit?
Now if you care to try and learn about file allocation indices, get yourself a cup of coffee or tea and have a read:
Which is why that's not such an easy answer.
Lastly if you want to try something different I always use "EaseUS Partition Master" to manage my disks and flash memory. It does get around some of the odd things Windows will do to drives and partitions. You can delete and recreate the partition since you haven't written any data to it.
I wouldn't lose any sleep. It's not a rootkit, they live on the root drive (usually "C") so no worries there.
Let us know if you find out anything earth shattering, you never know.

Last edited:
Back