What's new

Windows Occupy Space as there is no files

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

desdos20

Mar 10, 2020
OS
Windows 10
BR
Opera 76.0.4017.123
Hello I would to ask that why is so that the drive occupies space as there is nothing in the drive, I checked diskcleanup there was nothing any data to clear. Beside this windows occupy space which is shown in the pictures. Please help me to fix this problem and suggest recommended software to resolve this issue.2.PNG

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    2.1 KB · Views: 7

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 90.0.4430.212
Do you have show hidden files and operating system files checked in windows explorer? There is always some overhead for the file allocation table.
So is this "J" a partition of a larger drive? I appear so. If we saw a screenshot of the entire drive it may help.
You can also try running WinDirStat and see if that reveals anything.
I should ask what OS are you running and 32 or 64 bit?
Now if you care to try and learn about file allocation indices, get yourself a cup of coffee or tea and have a read:
Which is why that's not such an easy answer.
Lastly if you want to try something different I always use "EaseUS Partition Master" to manage my disks and flash memory. It does get around some of the odd things Windows will do to drives and partitions. You can delete and recreate the partition since you haven't written any data to it.
I wouldn't lose any sleep. It's not a rootkit, they live on the root drive (usually "C") so no worries there.
Let us know if you find out anything earth shattering, you never know.

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
ThumperTM Windows 11 leak reveals new UI, Start menu, and more Windows News 8
DVDR_Dog Why Do Hard Drives Show the Wrong Capacity in Windows? Windows 10 Hardware Chat and Support 2
R Need SPSS Statistics Windows 32 bit Setup Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 2
DVDR_Dog Microsoft to end Windows 10 support on October 14th, 2025 Windows News 4
DVDR_Dog This Should (Could?) be Good. Windows 11? Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 1
starhawk69 Good advice about resetting Windows 10 and saving settings and drivers Windows 10 Tutorials 2
DVDR_Dog Windows 7 ESU Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
DVDR_Dog Down memory lane Windows 8 Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 1
A Windows 10 Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 6
A Windows 10 Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 4
B help request to put a Windows 7 in FR Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
R How to Fix Wrong Time on Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials 1
R How to Block Websites On Windows 10 Tutorials 1
R How to Open Snipping Tool Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials 0
C Showing Windows Installer Error while Installing Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Windows 10 Software Chat and Support 2
R How to Fix “This app can’t run on your pc” on Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials 1
R How to Make Taskbar Transparent on Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials 1
GlennMurray How much do Windows 10 cost? Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 8
R How to Turn Off Firewall on Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials 2
R Top 12 Simple Tweaks to Speed Up Windows 10 Tutorials 0
R 10 Ways to Open Control Panel in Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista & XP Tutorials 0
R 3 Ways Update Windows 10 Latest Version Windows 10 Tutorials 0
DVDR_Dog Windows Surface Closeout? Windows 10 Hardware Chat and Support 0
GlennMurray What windows 10 version is best for gaming? Windows 10 Help and Support 2
willco Several programs and tips for Windows 10 Windows Apps 4
1 Speed up Windows 10 Windows 10 Help and Support 6
GlennMurray Screenshot in windows 10 software. Windows 10 Software Chat and Support 4
F need help picking windows 10 Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 2
K Windows 10 Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 1
R How to Turn Off Notifications on Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials 0
R How to install windows 10 from a USB Flash Drive Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 3
G Windows 8 Why do people hate Windows 8? Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 11
B Windows 10 Need help installing Windows 10 onto laptop running off usb drive Windows 10 Help and Support 3
WonderWoman Windows 10 Pro Hyper-v machine cannot get out to internet Windows 10 Help and Support 7
D Windows event log Windows 10 Help and Support 1
S Windows Update Error 0x80080005 Windows 10 Help and Support 3
D Windows ISO Size Windows 10 Help and Support 2
D The difference between the Windows 10 MSDN ISO and Windows 10 ISO Windows 10 Software Chat and Support 1
M Question related adobe flash player on windows 10? Windows 10 Help and Support 1
DVDR_Dog Windows 10 to get a massive overhaul in 2021 Windows News 5
DVDR_Dog Turn off antivirus protection in Windows Security Windows 10 Software Chat and Support 6
ThumperTM Windows 10 version 1903 is no longer supported after today Windows News 0
ThumperTM Microsoft releases Windows 10 build 19042.662 - here's what's new Windows News 9
ThumperTM Microsoft is once again reportedly bringing Android apps to Windows Windows News 2
J Any Windows installation failed. Windows 8 and 7 Hardware Chat and Support 1
Shalashaska Office 2016 installed - My windows now wants me to update it Windows 10 Help and Support 6
DVDR_Dog Windows Update 20H2 Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 2
DVDR_Dog Take Back Your Privacy: Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials 2
DVDR_Dog Intel’s WIFI drivers have been causing Windows 10 BSOD Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) 1
D Windows 10 and VPN's Windows 10 Help and Support 4