• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows XP Professional SP3 2013/2014/2015 [Support]

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Re: Windows XP Professional SP3 Nov 2013 [Support]

<t>jmathis93 try this serial BRP6M RC9CJ VWDRK KP2C2 9QFGW.</t>

<t>I downloaded your .iso, opened it with winzip, used unetbootin, (cant get the one your suggested for mac), made the disk bootable with your .iso, plug it in to the target computer, rebooted, booted from usb, then I get cannot find operating system? Any idea? I have tried to add the .iso again but still get the error.</t>

<t>I get an error saying the asks file could not be found. I was able to install it on one of my computers easily but I don't know how/why this pops up on the second</t>

<t>Hello can I use this to reinstall current version of windows so i have a new clean computer <br/>
and where are the serials thanks</t>

<t>I am trying to "upgrade" (ie format and clean install using XP installer) a notebook that has vista basic on it.<br/>
<br/>
I created a boot USB using Rufus.<br/>
<br/>
When XP now tries to install, I get a "Setup cannot find a previous version of Windows installed on your computer. To continue, Setup needs to verifiy that you qualify to use this upgrade product"<br/>
<br/>
Pushing Enter then results in a:<br/>
<br/>
"Setup could not read the CD you inserted, or the CD is not a valid Windows CD"<br/>
<br/>
any reason why this would happen?</t>

<t>Hi, is there something wrong with the download file or am I not doing it correctly? It tries to make me install this downlite software and I don't want it.. or is that what I have to do to download it?</t>

<t>Downloaded and installed to a Toshiba laptop. Everything went smoothly until after installation. An SVCHOST kept running 99% CPU. Figured it was cause of a malfunction with the 'personalised' IE8. I tried to uninstall IE8 from Add/Remove Windows Components. Apparently the windows explorer is somehow tied into an IE .dll? What the fuck is going on with this image.</t>

<t>Hello goomohn,<br/>
<br/>
Please install good Antivirus software and start FULL scan.<br/>
<br/>
Good luck.</t>

<t>Problem solved. Apparently there are alot of people who didn't receive this error. If you have a legacy intel laptop or whatever causes the issue of; automatic updates overflowing your cpu: download mozilla firefox, then download the DEC13 cumulative update from microshaft (KB2898785)</t>

<r>Hello!<br/>
<br/>
I sucessfully installed this version of Windows XP SP3 on one desktop machine (USB methof) but am unable to do it on another one, no matter what I do.<br/>
<br/>
It stops at the beginning of the installation and says that I have to insert the original Windows XP CD to be able to install. I then tried with another XP version I had from before (Windows XP SP2), also from the USB and it installed!<br/>
<br/>
So it has to be something about this particular version - it has to be something that it detects it's not "original"/valid and won't continue.<br/>
<br/>
Is there a way to override it? Something I do in BIOS maybe? I can't solve this problem but would really like to install this version of XP SP3 in the machine.<br/>
<br/>
Please help me! Thank you! <E>:)</E></r>

<t>Format your Disk. <br/>
<br/>
Good lock.</t>

<t>It doesn't help.<br/>
<br/>
I installed Windows XP SP2 successfully and then tried to clean install your Windws XP SP3 installation over it and got the same message...<br/>
<br/>
Any other idea please?</t>

<t>It says that this installation is an upgrade... But only on that particular PC. Any ideas at all? Please?</t>

<t>Nope, you need to make costume installation not upgrade.</t>

<t>I know. I tried just about everything so far, even installed on another computer then swapped the drive - but that did not work either. Now I will try to swap the USB (SP2 version with your SP3 version) during installation, I guess that will probably fail too. It's just that one computer that's incompatible with this installation of yours. I REALLY don't know why, I'm out of ideas... Anyway, thank you.</t>

<t>You are welcome, this looks to me like hardware issue...</t>

<t>Yeah... But it perfectly installs another installation of WinXP SP2 that I have for some time... WEIRD! Anyway... I'll just go and install SP2 version, install the offline SP3 update and remove WGA by this method:<br/>
1. Boot into Safe Mode (F8).<br/>
<br/>
2. Click Start, tnen Run, type regedit and press Enter.<br/>
<br/>
3. Find and completely delete the following registry keys:<br/>
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\WgaLogon<br/>
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows \CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WgaNotify<br/>
<br/>
4. Close Registry Editor<br/>
<br/>
5. Restart the computer<br/>
<br/>
6. Delete the following files:<br/>
%Windir%\system32\WgaLogon.dll<br/>
%Windir%/system32/WgaTray.exe<br/>
%Windir%/system32/dllcache/WgaLogon.dll<br/>
%Windir%/system32/dllcache/WgaTray.exe<br/>
<br/>
I think Windows XP SP3 will work fine then, right?<br/>