• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 10 180 days on license

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

EBRiddle

Mar 31, 2019
Hi,

Is there a way to get a permanent license? Every time i do the activation it theoretically says "activated" but after checking in cmd with the slmgr /xpr command xpr it gives only the 180 days.

Actually there is a program called HWIDGEN (googl it) which will give you a genuine permenant OEM License. works all editions version of Windows 10 except LTSC
1565547243622.png1565547243622.png

you are using KMS that only gives you 180 days a time, Digital Activation will give you 100% permenant Activation by MS as OEM

KMS38-Digital Activation

Last edited:
Folks please don't start posting links to anything that could bring trouble. That's what shut down the old board. So you have an option. Keep posting links to "things" and you know what I mean and loose this resource or play by Thumper's rules and keep this site running. I am almost positive this board is monitored and have pretty much proven it to Thumper so this stuff does not go unnoticed.
This is not my first rodeo by a very long shot. I know the boundaries well. Keep the stuff that's going to bring trouble to the torrents where it belongs. Talk all you want but no links to stuff that's going to cause trouble please.
I know you guys mean well but it's just not the place for that.

As stated on earlier post of thread KMS is only good for 180 days, as dictated by MS. that is what
KMS is Key Management Service. they also have Retail Activation, and they have OEM Activation.
OEM is Original Equipment Manufacture and OEM uses a different Activation as Dictated by MS.
it uses "gatherosstate" to see if you can have a Digital Activation. If found to be Genuine then it creates
GenuineTicket.XML which is filed with MS in the cloud and that gives you a Official Genuine Digital License.

So if you want to change from KMS to OEM or Retail then you have to Change the KEY> Serial Number as indicated in the Product.ini contained in every OS. The Product ini keys are for Installation Only not Activation but they do indicate what type of Activation you will get. KMS=180 days max, KMS38=OEM Permanent Activation, Retail=Retail Permanent Activation.

Ahh, so depends on what - My Windows 10 is Permanent.

Windows(R), Enterprise edition:
The machine is permanently activated.

1577299162451.png

perhaps this is why windows is going to a monthly subscription service? or so i have heard (here)
I believe that much of windows is the security features, the programming necessary to keep their business model going, so that after a while, like 30 days for the free trial, the program becomes junk in some way, like it crashes more, etc.
And this is true of the 'fake' methods of 'authenticating' or what they call making sure you have a real license. So, if you license is kind of wonky it works better than nothing but not that great and they laugh at you for using a borked up system, till you maybe get tired of that and buy the real thing. At least that is my experience. Now maybe some have figured out a system that works, idk. There is nothing we can do about the rest of the jokers but we ourselves can be legit participants.
Windows/Microsoft uses the information in these forums to advance its capabilities to repel boarders, so to speak, the pirates of the 'seas'. So talk all you want, even use their stuff and keep working on being pirates, so they have more information about them. It is a 'cyber-war' of sorts and this is like a questionable bar in the war zone, are we with 'us' or with 'them'?
Maybe you waste your time or maybe the efforts of the pirating is worthwhile, up to you to decide that individually.
I think you are kind of ridiculous, because for one windows is like about a hundred bucks for a retail key that lasts forever and is transferrable, and another because there is Linux, so... what is the point of this? It is more honorable to put all your efforts into supporting linux if you can't be bothered to be a legit windows user/supporter.
Who ARE you?

Back