• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 10 Adobe Acrobat Pro dc 2021

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeleasara

Jan 25, 2022
Hi I have several versions of Adobe Acrobat Pro dc 2021 and in looking at the instructions i dont understand how to do the steps 6,7,8,
I did go to the C: \ Windows \ system32 \ drivers \ etc \ hosts and theres nothing there?

Is there a more detailed way to do this as im clearly missing something or do i need to actually install to get to that folder??

Thanks Mike

6. Add this to the hosts file in: (C: \ Windows \ system32 \ drivers \ etc \ host)
127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 na1r.services.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 hlrcv.stage.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 genuine.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 prod.adobegenuine.com

Make sure to run notepad as administrator when you edit hosts file, or you can use disable_activation.cmd from folder "3. Edit file hosts file" (make sure to run as administrator)

7. From folder "2. Activation" Copy patch file "adobe.snr.patch.v2.0-painter.exe" in to installation directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat
8. Run patch file as administrator, and select "Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 (32Bit). screenshot: https://imgsaver.com/image/Y0PMe
9. Apply fix_x64.reg or fix_86.reg

6. Google how to edit Windows Hosts file

7. Very simple, copy patch file in to installation directory

8. Run reg file fix_64.reg

@mike

When you type in start "Notepad", the app Notepad appears.
Right click on it and it shows: Run as administrator.
Then browse to the mentioned folder. (it seems to be empty) change; Text Documents (*.txt) to all files, and there you will find host.
Add the lines to the host file and save it.

I have trouble myself with installing Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2021.007.20102 Full.
Installed it with Windows Defender switched off and internet cable taken out. Exactly as described. But when I open Adobe to uncheck 'automatically install updates', it shows a popup: are you connected to the internet? we can't verify your subscription status. Connected then to the internet, and it asks for a sign in. So, no luck for me. Need to reinstall my old backup, and try again.
Wish you more luck, and let me know if it works, please.

6. Google how to edit Windows Hosts file

7. Very simple, copy patch file in to installation directory

8. Run reg file fix_64.reg
Hi This is the only file I find is adobe.snr.patch.v2.0-painter zip file and no exe file?? so no way to run as administrator
Where do i find the exe file??
Mike

Im not sure what happened but it seemed like a whole different installation opened and the file was there it wasn't in the zip, and i believe it was working so far, im sure ill know soon. i did block its internet connection in the firewall too!
keeping my fingers crossed thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back