• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2023.003.2024 installation problem

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Maver1ck

Jul 15, 2023
Hello, I have a problem every time I want to run the setup I get this error message , anyone have the solution thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 74
G'Day Maverick,

I installed Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2023, uploaded by Thumper.
First thing I do before installing a program or application, I scan it first with Bitdefender Internet Security and this one was clean.

Then I create a system restore point, and as a backup I save a System image to an external Hard Disc Seagate 5 TB connected with USB3.

I disable the internet connection, and then disable the AV.

First I use the Adobe uninstaller tool to remove an earlier version.

I selected setup.exe and it installed with no problems.

I then selected update, which also had no problems.

Then the patch with no problems

Then checked the task manager to disable all Adobe functions.

Then I typed in "Services" using Windows search and it opens up, and down the bottom you will see "Extended" or "Standard" Adobe Acrobat update service was running, you click on "Properties" "Startup type" there is 4 options, I clicked "Disabled"

open acrobat, go to preferences > updater > disable updates

I have Windows 10 64 installed, for you information.

Regards

Yobbo

G'Day Maverick,

First thing I do before installing a program or application, I scan it first with Bitdefender Internet Security and this one was clean.

Then I create a system restore point, and as a backup I save a System image to an external Hard Disc Seagate 5 TB connected with USB3.

Then I typed in "Services" using Windows search and it opens up, and down the bottom you will see "Extended" or "Standard" Adobe Acrobat update service was running, you click on "Properties" "Startup type" there is 4 options, I clicked "Disabled"

RegardI followr
i did everything but when I run the patch file as an admin it won't show me the search or patch buttons? please help

Regards

Yobbo
Yobbo has the answer. Adobe is notorious about reinforcing their copy protection thru updates. It doesn't necessarily mean udates for that particular program and that's what gets many people in trouble. It appears this reinforcement may take place before you installed the cracked program, any Adobe program updates may interfere. If you have to have this program, it appears you need to follow both the instructions that came with the program AND Yobbo's as well for the best chance at a successful program install.

i did everything but when I run the patch file as an admin it won't show me the search or patch buttons? please help
@ogbuevil:
What I did, is "extract" the patch to the folder where Adobe is installed, on my PC it is installed in Program Files, click on the Adobe folder, then click on the folder Acrobat DC, and you should be able to see the Acrobat folder at the top and extract the patch in there, if indicates "Yes to All" then select Yes to All

I had no problems.

HI All
HI @ThumperTM @Yobbo
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2023.003.20244 STOPPED WORKING TODAY !!!!
Installed it about a month ago as indicated here
everything was fine, until today, I started getting the app blocked by some Adobe General Terms of use window, stating :
"please read and accept the adobe general term of use",
with two buttons "Exit application" and "accept" button.
Clicking either doesn't work, the "Adobe General Terms" windows just stay there blocking the app.
You can close the app or leave it only through task manager.
Noticed acrotray.exe wasn't starting up with windows, activated it manually, didn't solve the problem !
Noticing about nine (09) Adobe AcroCEF.exe processes running, that cannot be stopped, in the task manager, as soon as you shut it off, comes back.
Doesn't remember if this process AcroCEF.exe and that many (9) were running when app worked properly !
Ran the patch again, but didn't do any good !
One thing seems to be working, preventing the "Adobe General Terms" windows to pop up and block the app, is to go offline = no internet connexion, though haven't tested for a long time, to be 100% sure that it works 100% ?!

Any thoughts on what happened ?
Anybody experienced the same (app blocked by "Adobe General Terms of use window") ?
Solution please !!!!
Thnx !!!!

P.S :
for the precision it happened the first time, exactly as I printed a document from the app (being connected to the internet) !

Can not be sure ( do not remember !) if it was the 1st time I printed any document from the app ( adobe pro dc), as I tend to open PDF's in internet browsers as well ?!
Printer being a wireless printer (connected through the router thus connected to internet) Have I been "hit" through the internet connection of the printer ?!

Adobe General Terms of use Screenshot 2024-02-09 011739 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
G'Day Maverick,

Regards

Yobbo
May I ask where you downloaded the App?

HI All
HI @ThumperTM @Yobbo
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2023.003.20244 STOPPED WORKING TODAY !!!!
Installed it about a month ago as indicated here
everything was fine, until today, I started getting the app blocked by some Adobe General Terms of use window, stating :
"please read and accept the adobe general term of use",
with two buttons "Exit application" and "accept" button.
Clicking either doesn't work, the "Adobe General Terms" windows just stay there blocking the app.
You can close the app or leave it only through task manager.
Noticed acrotray.exe wasn't starting up with windows, activated it manually, didn't solve the problem !
Noticing about nine (09) Adobe AcroCEF.exe processes running, that cannot be stopped, in the task manager, as soon as you shut it off, comes back.
Doesn't remember if this process AcroCEF.exe and that many (9) were running when app worked properly !
Ran the patch again, but didn't do any good !
One thing seems to be working, preventing the "Adobe General Terms" windows to pop up and block the app, is to go offline = no internet connexion, though haven't tested for a long time, to be 100% sure that it works 100% ?!

Any thoughts on what happened ?
Anybody experienced the same (app blocked by "Adobe General Terms of use window") ?
Solution please !!!!
Thnx !!!!

P.S :
for the precision it happened the first time, exactly as I printed a document from the app (being connected to the internet) !

Can not be sure ( do not remember !) if it was the 1st time I printed any document from the app ( adobe pro dc), as I tend to open PDF's in internet browsers as well ?!
Printer being a wireless printer (connected through the router thus connected to internet) Have I been "hit" through the internet connection of the printer ?!

View attachment 6414
I had the same thing happen today, one day after installing. Update service stopped and disabled and AdobeARM.exe blocked in the firewall.

The terms of use popped up immediately after opening the thumbnail view menu.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Adobe Chrome plugin that was installed at the same time?

Than
G'Day Maverick,

Regards

Yobbo
Thank you, I have done as you suggested, and I have had no problems with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2023.

Back