BEST ANTI-VIRUS USED?

Apr 24, 2019
Philippines
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 75.0.3770.90
Any suggestions on what a/v is effective to use?

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019
Philippines
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 75.0.3770.90
@ThumperTM
i was thinking of using it some years ago.. i am using eset nod32 a/v version 8, 5 years already without any updates on it.. you got any updates on malwarebytes? i will use it since you recommended it to me..

Snuffy

Dec 10, 2011
OS
Windows 10
BR
Firefox 67.0
The Best AV 1st is YOU, do not go where your not sure, and Common sence. next I use only WinDefender furnished by MS (FREE) with you OS. set it allow notifications, and follow the instructions. I only use WinDefender and I recommend all my Clients use only the same....

Apr 24, 2019
Philippines
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 75.0.3770.100
The Best AV 1st is YOU, do not go where your not sure, and Common sence. next I use only WinDefender furnished by MS (FREE) with you OS. set it allow notifications, and follow the instructions. I only use WinDefender and I recommend all my Clients use only the same....
thanks @Snuffy.. appreciated!

DVDR_Dog

Donator
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 75.0.3770.100
I have been trying WebRoot for about a month on various systems (I have a few). Seems pretty lightweight doesn't bug the crap out of me with false positives but seems to come through when it's required. I do have many layers of defense at least tied to my browsers, the one vector that you can't have enough protection so I avoid most nastys altogether.
WebRoot was pretty popular until recently. I like it but again it's only a layer and the best A/V is avoiding sketchy behavior. Nothing on the web is free. Ask many of the paying customers at my place.

Reactions: PingOfDeath.10

ThumperTM

El Patrón
Owner
Aug 18, 2010
New Zealand
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 75.0.3770.100
I have been trying WebRoot for about a month on various systems (I have a few). Seems pretty lightweight doesn't bug the crap out of me with false positives but seems to come through when it's required. I do have many layers of defense at least tied to my browsers, the one vector that you can't have enough protection so I avoid most nastys altogether.
WebRoot was pretty popular until recently. I like it but again it's only a layer and the best A/V is avoiding sketchy behavior. Nothing on the web is free. Ask many of the paying customers at my place.
I used Webroot total security before 4 years, it was fine.

Isaanbiker

Donator
Jun 8, 2019
Sisaket Thailand
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 75.0.3770.100
My apologies, but I'm not a fan of Malwarebytes at all. You can buy a dirt cheap license off e-bay for Kaspersky Internet security and it's got a lot more to offer.

167 baht for a whole year's dirt cheap and Kaspersky does also some more. It protects you when doing online banking, etc..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KASPERSKY-INTERNET-SECURITY-2019-1-PC-DEVICE-1-YEAR-GLOBAL-KEY-Sale-5-45/163740852310?hash=item261fb72056:g:zo8AAOSwbg5cnbuB

All you need is to find a seller with a good reputation and you'll often find three licenses for almost nothing. The worst-case scenario is when you buy one from Australia, that you need a VPN, but only for the activation.

I'm sorry, but Malwarebytes doesn't offer this kind of protection.

NickLAranda

Nov 6, 2018
California, USA
OS
Windows 10
BR
Firefox 67.0
I disable Windows Defender and all of those new things that's protect against Meltdown and Spectre or whatever deep in the Windows Defender settings.

I literally do not use anti virus.

I only use uBlock Origin on my web browsers and I read the comments and make sure the time, size and seeder to leecher ratios are all balanced signed of healthy torrents.

Been like this for over 10 years now.

And yes: if I ran ANY virus clean up / scanner program: I would have nothing devastating found.

No: I don't monitor my network.

Reactions: uhav2Laf