• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

BEST ANTI-VIRUS USED?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

@ThumperTM
i was thinking of using it some years ago.. i am using eset nod32 a/v version 8, 5 years already without any updates on it.. you got any updates on malwarebytes? i will use it since you recommended it to me..

The Best AV 1st is YOU, do not go where your not sure, and Common sence. next I use only WinDefender furnished by MS (FREE) with you OS. set it allow notifications, and follow the instructions. I only use WinDefender and I recommend all my Clients use only the same....

The Best AV 1st is YOU, do not go where your not sure, and Common sence. next I use only WinDefender furnished by MS (FREE) with you OS. set it allow notifications, and follow the instructions. I only use WinDefender and I recommend all my Clients use only the same....
thanks @Snuffy.. appreciated!

I have been trying WebRoot for about a month on various systems (I have a few). Seems pretty lightweight doesn't bug the crap out of me with false positives but seems to come through when it's required. I do have many layers of defense at least tied to my browsers, the one vector that you can't have enough protection so I avoid most nastys altogether.
WebRoot was pretty popular until recently. I like it but again it's only a layer and the best A/V is avoiding sketchy behavior. Nothing on the web is free. Ask many of the paying customers at my place.

I have been trying WebRoot for about a month on various systems (I have a few). Seems pretty lightweight doesn't bug the crap out of me with false positives but seems to come through when it's required. I do have many layers of defense at least tied to my browsers, the one vector that you can't have enough protection so I avoid most nastys altogether.
WebRoot was pretty popular until recently. I like it but again it's only a layer and the best A/V is avoiding sketchy behavior. Nothing on the web is free. Ask many of the paying customers at my place.

I used Webroot total security before 4 years, it was fine.

My apologies, but I'm not a fan of Malwarebytes at all. You can buy a dirt cheap license off e-bay for Kaspersky Internet security and it's got a lot more to offer.

167 baht for a whole year's dirt cheap and Kaspersky does also some more. It protects you when doing online banking, etc..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KASPERSKY-...852310?hash=item261fb72056:g:zo8AAOSwbg5cnbuB

All you need is to find a seller with a good reputation and you'll often find three licenses for almost nothing. The worst-case scenario is when you buy one from Australia, that you need a VPN, but only for the activation.

I'm sorry, but Malwarebytes doesn't offer this kind of protection.

I disable Windows Defender and all of those new things that's protect against Meltdown and Spectre or whatever deep in the Windows Defender settings.

I literally do not use anti virus.

I only use uBlock Origin on my web browsers and I read the comments and make sure the time, size and seeder to leecher ratios are all balanced signed of healthy torrents.

Been like this for over 10 years now.

And yes: if I ran ANY virus clean up / scanner program: I would have nothing devastating found.

No: I don't monitor my network.

For me it kasperskiy and avast free antivirus. Plus sometimes I can use proxy and vpn tool from Veepn.com and it works perfect. Plus it helps me to protect privacy data in internet and get access to forbidden sites.

Last edited:
I disable Windows Defender and all of those new things that's protect against Meltdown and Spectre or whatever deep in the Windows Defender settings.

I literally do not use anti virus.

I only use uBlock Origin on my web browsers and I read the comments and make sure the time, size and seeder to leecher ratios are all balanced signed of healthy torrents.

Been like this for over 10 years now.

And yes: if I ran ANY virus clean up / scanner program: I would have nothing devastating found.

No: I don't monitor my network.

Do you ride on a big bike without a helmet too?

@ThumperTM
i was thinking of using it some years ago.. i am using eset nod32 a/v version 8, 5 years already without any updates on it.. you got any updates on malwarebytes? i will use it since you recommended it to me..
My First post Here: I've used Eset for over 20 plus years. I use ESET Internet security now. It was before security suites with Nod. As a matter of fact, Eset NOD was so good, we never used a firewall. I've never got into a single jam, not even a virus for many years, and I go anywhere and everywhere. Not a suggestion for most. Kaspersky was a great competitor to ESET I'm not a fanatic about KISS for many years now. They rate a little higher than Eset on on AV comparatives, But they have too many false positives. Eset has had close to 0 for since they started That's most important for me. I'd be extremely hesitant to use Windows defender and myself, as protection. Defender and MS miss too many of the bad guys and gurls. Malewareytes is liked by many, but it didn't do what I personally needed. Through the 20 maybe 25 years of Eset, I've tested maybe 75% from AV Comparatives. Bitdefender etc, just to make sure Eset was still on the beam. IMHO They are even much better right now without going far overboard on making it more commercial I just wanted to get my first post in. I hope I didn't insult anyone's choice

Back