• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Camtasia Studio update please

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyBangle

Jan 11, 2016
EDIT** Crap, I'm sorry I didn't see the requests part of the forum until after I had posted this. Please move if necessary. Sorry about that.

First let me introduce myself.

I have benefited from this site hard work for a while now and decided to join and donate...you guys deserve it.

Thank you for all your hard work.

However it appears the Techsmith people have updated their Camtasia Studio and my copy of "TechSmith Camtasia Studio v8.6.0 Build 2054" has quit working and demands a new key.

Please look into this asap if you could please. The dam program quit working right in the middle of a recording and now I'm screwed.

Thank you so very much.

Hi DaddyBangle,

Thanks for your help!

About Camista, if it wont work for you, unistall it, reboot and install it. Make sure to block with your fireware (Do not update).

Thanks again,
Thumper

tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling, it still doesn't work. No matter what you do, setting the ini to read only, blocking in firewall, etc, if the program can't get to camtasia to check if it's legit, then it goes straight to the free trial dialog. I even checked into buying it because I was so frustrated, but 300 dollars is WAY more than this program is worth.

Also, your included instructions for installation and then making the necessary changes are VERY confusing. What we need is step by step instructions as if the person installing it doesn't know anything about computers. Yes I know how hard those kinds of instructions can be. But it appears to your members as if you are just assuming that the person saying it doesn't work, is doing something wrong, and since the instructions are so confusing, that might be the case. But if you make step by step instructions then a member could prove they are doing everything right, and it still won't work.

AlanHawk said:
tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling, it still doesn't work. No matter what you do, setting the ini to read only, blocking in firewall, etc, if the program can't get to camtasia to check if it's legit, then it goes straight to the free trial dialog. I even checked into buying it because I was so frustrated, but 300 dollars is WAY more than this program is worth.

Also, your included instructions for installation and then making the necessary changes are VERY confusing. What we need is step by step instructions as if the person installing it doesn't know anything about computers. Yes I know how hard those kinds of instructions can be. But it appears to your members as if you are just assuming that the person saying it doesn't work, is doing something wrong, and since the instructions are so confusing, that might be the case. But if you make step by step instructions then a member could prove they are doing everything right, and it still won't work.

Hi,

This version isnt working anymore, i will let you know when new version will be released.

thank you very much to your prompt reply. :) I sure hope a new fix can be found to make it work, it's the best, and easiest to use, program for recording live streams I've found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back