• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Problem with Camtasia Studio 8.4.4

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

CliffyTX

Apr 12, 2015
I've downloaded the torrent, followed the readme.txt precisely, added exceptions to hosts file, used one of the name/serial combos (and have tried another), was disconnected from internet when doing all of this, blocked Camtasia with firewall....and every time I start the program, I get the following message:

Our activation server is unable to register your copy of Camtasia Studio.
You may still use Camtasia Studio throughout your trial period.

(Then all their contact info for TechSmith)

Am I doing/did I do something wrong here? Will it count down the trial period and then keep working after the trial period ends?

I've never had trouble following torrent readme.txt instructions before and almost never have problems...and this one is stumping me. I've checked and rechecked that I've done everything that the directions say to do. (I'm hoping it's a simple solution and I'd greatly appreciate your help.)

Just followed your advice: Uninstalled it, even ran CCleaner to make sure there were no remnants left behind, rebooted, reinstalled doing the same instructions given, and still having the same result. :eek:(

Is there a wrong way to block it in Firewall or a wrong place to place the exceptions in the hosts file?

I added all the entries at the end of the hosts file, saved it and closed it. As for the Firewall, as best I can explain, I 'created a rule' for both incoming and outgoing to block it, but am willing to admit I was new to it. But it sure seems to be blocking the heck out of it. I'm clueless as to how to solve this problem overall. Hope I don't become a pain. I really am not a an utter noob. Just know some parts better than others, apparently.

Hi,

Can you please give another try, unistall, reboot, install again (with internet off) then open camista. (do not block with firewall)

I tired this method and worked perfect.

Thumper

Hmmmm. Interesting. lol Okay. Moving some past Camtasia recordings to external drive now and then will do all you've just suggested.

Just did all you suggested and didn't get the error message the very first time I opened it. But have gotten it every time I've opened it since.

To be clear:
Uninstalled the program
Removed Firewall rules
Removed the hosts entries
Rebooted
Disconnected internet
Reinstalled
Opened Camtasia and didn't get error message
Reconnected internet and got error message as stated in my original post

Hmmm, i will give test it again tomorrow, if i will work for me i can teamviewer with ya to see why isnt working for you.

I'd LOVE to do that. Thanks for devoting the time and energy to helping me. Guess we just need to arrange a time where we'll both be awake and way to contact each other. (I'll make sure to be awake if need be, regardless of the time of day or night.) I'm all for your idea. Thanks so much. For what it's worth, it's about 7:17 pm where I am (19:17), on Sunday the 12th of April. Looks like you're 7 hours ahead of me.

I have found that if I change the date of my system to the date I installed the program, it reverts back to the 30 day trial. This is how I am using the program everyday. Pain in the rear, but works for me.

Back