• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!
Chromium

Chromium 92.0.4515.159

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

The ultimate browser to use in 2020 is Brave Browser.

Read the full article here:
Funny you bring that up. Some reliable sources are calling Brave the last secure browser. AFAIK it mostly mimics the security extensions I already installed with Chrome. A couple of things I have noticed is Chrome gets some bad habits namely going into endless loops after I installed Brave.
I also question even though brave has some deals worked out with web sites on content blocking I did get the old "are you using an adblocker?" halt on some pages. Not real intuitive on how to disable whatever is ticking the website off only a call home to Brave and let them know it's a problem popup.
So I guess for a noob Brave is a viable choice it has a lot built into it already. I prefer to roll my own so to speak and the possible interference with Chrome is a problem so the user may need to choose one or the other.

Indeed @DVDR_Dog
Brave is on the unsecure browser side mostly because it takes about one month to update to the current stable Chromium build. So it is always 1 month behind security wise of any Chromium based browser. (Chrome, Edge, etc)

The privacy features that has implemented, are easy for an advanced user to set them into Chrome. (just a few unticks and one extension is enough)

There was a scandal about the browser using affiliate links when you type specific words on web search. After a lot of criticism it got patched, but overall the "bad practices" idea stigmatized the project.

Last but not least the main developer behind brave project is a prick and a homophobic person (based on his twitter feed). All these together is a big no for that browser for me.

If i was lazy i would just install it to my grandfather or something, but that's about it.

Back