• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Foxit Phantom - Issue with patching

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Joaquin Denis

Jan 5, 2019
Hello!
I have tried to patch Foxit Phantom Business 9.4.0.16811 (downloaded TPB), yet after performing all the steps mentioned in the 'read me' file, when I open Foxit I still get the message "14 days trial" message (where one must choose between buying a license, activating the software, or the trial itself).
However, from the 'read me' file, I understand that no such message should appear.

Am I missing something?

Best Regards.

Can you try on Windows 10 latest version? Many of us do not use Windows 7. I've tried every single one of your releases following instructions and none worked... even after revo uninstaller all I get is a trial.

megamorphg post_id=113247 time=1546911220 user_id=185266 said:
even after revo uninstaller all I get is a trial.

Thats because you CAN'T READ, read instructions again, it SAYS C:\ProgramData not C:\Program files.

Your instructions are not showing any directory of the program file, can you explain better the use of the patch?

saserqueira post_id=113324 time=1547912280 user_id=185635 said:
Your instructions are not showing any directory of the program file, can you explain better the use of the patch?

You need to find installation directory.

ThumperTM post_id=113249 time=1546931746 user_id=2 said:
megamorphg post_id=113247 time=1546911220 user_id=185266 said:
even after revo uninstaller all I get is a trial.

Thats because you CAN'T READ, read instructions again, it SAYS C:\ProgramData not C:\Program files.

These are the exact instructions in the readme:
1) Extract archive
2) Install program. Don't run
3) Run the "Express2BusinessFix.reg" file
4) Apply the patch as administrator

Nowhere does it say to place anything anywhere but since it patches the program file it was assumable to be in the program files directory since the program data directory doesn't have any EXE.

Altho i am also using Windows 10 with the latest updates. I can confirm that the FoxitPhantomPDF.exe get patched correctly with the patcher, but the software don't get cracked and still asks for activation. With old cracked version of this software the patcher touched two files, witch are FoxitPhantomPDF.exe and LicenseManager.fpi in the installdir

yeah I had to reinstall the 9.0.0.x version because newer versions arent patchet well

Back