• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

help installing windows 11

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

tareeqmuh

Jun 4, 2022
Hi everyone
Do i need to disconnect my internet connection while installing windows 11 with activator?

I don't think is mandatory, but I always disconnect when installing programs. That way you can have a little control when running the program for the first time on the Internet.

Hi everyone
Do i need to disconnect my internet connection while installing windows 11 with activator?
No, You Just Need The iso File Of Windows 11 Or You Can Update From Windows 10 To 11 Just By Becoming An Windows Insider. Join The Insider Preview Program And If You Pc/Laptop Meets Rhe Requirements Of Windows 11 Then Your Next Update Will Be Of Windows 11 (Dev Channel).
WhatsApp Me At https://wa.me/918276849275 For Direct Help.

You can for an offline account I think. They change something about account so you need MS account. Of course it can't hurt go offline disconnect from internet.

Yes, you need a Microsoft Account, but that's completely normal. you also needed this with Windows 10. but with Rufus, you don't need any pass concerning TPM&Co.

I say try it online and let us know if the Microsoft SWAT team breaks down your door to check all tags?

AFAIK this is not required for Windows 10.
You're right. The easiest way to avoid all those Windows account nag boxes is to disconnect the system from the Internet. Windows will just ask you for a local account User Name, turn off (by unchecking) all those Microsoft "services". Do yourself a favor and disable Cortana, she's spyware. Once and awhile particularly after Windows update will ask you to register. Make sure to tell them to "F" off.

From a recent experience it is best to format a "refurbished" laptop completely and install a clean copy of Windows 10 on it, connected to the internet at first. Do not create an account for it and install W10. If you reboot and you get a login screen from a company, return the laptop immediately to the seller as it is on a company Tenants list.
In the bios there is a small non-accessible memory that connects to Windows so now and then. The company is able to completely wipe your computer remotely. It is not possible to get rid of it yourself, unless you were able to contact this company and provide them the serial number. Highly likely they don't know at all the laptop was sold, they could not find the serial number, or the IT department has been outsourced far away. Good luck! Best is to going for Linux or completely replace the motherboard. These are the only solutions for it. (you will be able to install W10, and work with it, but there is always this risk.....) Often the computer-name will be something like companyxxxxxPC6854. If you do not see a login screen from a company, then you are safe.
This is currently a new phenomenon that we will notice more and more.

(got my lovely ThinkPad removed from a Tenants list by the seller, but this is exeptional) :)

Back