• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!
Resource icon

How to use DiskPart to clean and format drive not working on Windows 10

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Hotrod369

VIP
May 31, 2021
Hotrod369 submitted a new resource:

How to use DiskPart to clean and format drive not working on Windows 10 - Use the cmd Diskpart to to format a drive.

How to use DiskPart to clean and format drive not working on Windows 10​

By Mauro Huculak
published 13 days ago
If a drive is causing problems on Windows 10, it could be a logical issue that can be fixed with a few commands.

View attachment 5981
DiskPart fix drive on Windows 10 (Image credit: Future)

On Windows 10, when an...

Read more about this resource...

I have to admit, probably out of laziness, I have EaseUS Partition Master installed on every system I own. It will pretty much obliterate any type of formatting and protection I have ever encountered. Good for moving partitions too. I think I started using it when I had a thumb drive that defied formatting. Hotrod's instructions are a more noble way of doing just about anything and having better control over the operation. Sometime I do like slumming it

I have to admit, probably out of laziness, I have EaseUS Partition Master installed on every system I own. It will pretty much obliterate any type of formatting and protection I have ever encountered. Good for moving partitions too. I think I started using it when I had a thumb drive that defied formatting. Hotrod's instructions are a more noble way of doing just about anything and having better control over the operation. Sometime I do like slumming it
I use Partition Assistant for most of those operations but, almost always do my formatting with diskpart. Over the last year, I've gotten much used to doing things with a terminal. After doing things regularly for a while in a terminal you tend to memorize the most common commands and typing them in gets to be second nature.

Back